Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Impressions of Chuck McCann

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
One of the best comedic performers, and still working, touring with Tim Conway. Here's a clip of Chuck McCann from THE PROJECTIONIST (1971), which had a TCM premiere last month, showcasing his talent for impressions. Highly recommend catching this little-known gem the next time it airs.

[youtube=425,350]Uti3TBWtIVg[/youtube]

Fine dramatic actor too. Check out the next TCM airing of THE HEART IS A LONELY HUNTER (1968), June 18.

Offline FineBari3

That was great!  I was wondering if he was going to get a little L & H in there!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline hiramhorwitz

I recall one or two instances in the early 1960s when Chuck would announce that the 3 Stooges would be visiting him on the set of his NYC kids show (WPIX-TV).  But I don't recall the Stooges ever actually showing up, although I do remember Chuck opening his show by getting hit in the face with a pie, and suggesting that the Stooges were the throwers of the pie.  I believe I have an audio recording of the opening of one such show (I remember my dad making the recording -- I'm just not sure if it's on one of the 50+ reel-to-reel tapes my dad recently gave me). 

Does anyone out there remember the Stooges actually appearing on Chuck's show and/or have any recollections of Chuck's association with the Stooges?  I know that Chuck was slated to contribute some Stooge-related material to the 2008 book Stooges Among Us --but unfortunately it didn't happen.  That has made me wonder how close Chuck's ties to the Stooges were and whether he would be an appropriate guest at one of the future annual Fan Club meetings.

Any thoughts on these matters?