Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Gaming Thread

Offline ThunderStooge

My interest did spark with the Luigi's Mansion on the 3DS.  I'm hoping it will be a sequel, but it will probably be a remake.  I love the original; yes, it's really short, but it provided some depth to Luigi's character.  He was no longer just a taller, thinner carbon copy of Mario. He was Luigi, timid, yet devoted younger brother.  The game was also really pretty to look at for the time, and it demonstrated some of power that the GameCube was capable of.  I am not typically of the Graphics over Gameplay mindset, but good graphics really do enhance the experience.  In fact you need both to make a game great.  Going by extremes, a beautiful-looking game with bad controls does not make a good game; and responsive controls don't do you much good if the graphics are so glitched that you can't see what you're doing.
"Wake up and Go ta sleep!"

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
It all depends in regards to graphics. If you're going for a retro thing like a lot of downloadable games do then graphics don't mean as much. I don't every game to look like the most beautiful game ever produced but I don't like it when a game looks like shit either. Usually when the graphics are terrible the game itself is terrible: like the vast majority of Wii shovelware. Ninjabread Man looks like AND is awful game; it's not just the graphics that make it awful. I feel that Nintendo might be a little late to the dance with the graphical enhancements.

All three hardware companies are trying to appeal to the "casual gamer" via gimmicks (and annoying many hardcore gamers in the process). The early life cycle of the Wii proved that the gimmick (motion control) is okay and everything but if you have great games (Smash Bros Brawl, Zelda, Punch-Out, Galaxy etc) you can overcome having less hardware specs than the other guy.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown