The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Pics of Your Pets

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Its tough to get old??  ;D ;D
She's fairly big for her breed. Maybe some other dog mixed in. I heard some other small dogs yip before and its no where near those yippy little dogs. Not real big dog sounding, but also not real yippish sounding either.

My one dog is definitely bigger than a cat, the other the same size or a tad bigger.

To me they are real dogs, but the reason they act like that is some don't realize how small they are, and think their just as big as the other dog.

The reason i don't like big dogs besides the hair, high food cost, and what not is that some of the bigger ones tend to be a little stupid.

You must have mutts because Shih Tzus are a toy breed and should be no bigger than 11 inches tall and weigh no more than 16 pounds. Mutts are cool, Bandit is an Aussie Shepherd mixed what I think is some sort of retriever. In actuality the smartest breed is the Border Collie which is a medium sized dog, and Dobermans and German Shepherds rank in the top ten smartest while Pekingese's ranked among the dumbest. It really depends on the particular dog, especially with mutts. I know my dog is too smart for his (and my) own good.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline locoboymakesgood

My best friend, Max. ;D
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline ThunderStooge

Working breeds tend to be the more intelligent of dogs; and for good reason.  Humans way back in rural times bred these dogs to help with pest control, hunting, tracking, herding livestock, and guarding the homestead.
I do think mutts potentially make the best dogs.  Especially if they inherit the best characteristics of its breeds.  Both of the dogs I grew up with were part German Shepherd, and they were great dogs.  Barked whenever a car they did not know pulled into the lane, and they kept the coyotes away.
"Wake up and Go ta sleep!"