Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Obama "admition" on You Tube

Offline Boid Brain

This is too much! Talk radio is buzzing where I live over this shit!

[youtube=425,350]NqdChnj2i5w[/youtube]
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 08:50:35 PM by BeAStooge »

Offline Boid Brain

[obama][/obama]    To post a video on the site, you one of the three buttons on the toolbar above the textarea where you enter your posts.    Those are for Youtube, Google and  other Flash videos, respectively.

Clicking on the button will insert the appropriate code that the forum needs to embed the video; you just need to put the appropriate identifying information between the tags.  For Youtube and Google videos, you just need the video's ID, as shown below; for other Flash videos you will need the video's URL (web address.)

[youtube=425,350][/youtube]
 I've had enough - S#1
 You're on Double Secret Probation - S#1

xraffle

Seriously Boid, you are creating a big mess on this website. Please stop.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
So we have this jackass, who has been instructed more than on how to post a video...directed to the simple to understand thread on how to post a video more than once but hasn't been bothered to read damn thing until now then pastes it here just to be a smartass.

If you are reading this Boid, I only gave you a warning the last time because someone had asked me to instead of just banning you outright. Believe it or not there was someone on this site who stuck up for you and liked you despite the consensus that you should have banned long ago. I played it fair and told them you may be annoying but you have done nothing to warrant a ban. Well you have just granted their wish. So long!
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Curly4444

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Not unless you check in from a different IP address.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

xraffle

Let’s say Boid Brain really is clueless on how to post properly. Well, it doesn’t take much to realize there is a “Delete” function here that a member can use if he/she wants to delete a post that was made in error. So if Boid really made a mistake and posted something improperly, he can simply delete the post and try again. Or better yet, use the Preview function before hitting the Post button. Or Modify the post. There are several ways to prevent or fix an error. Instead, he just kept on posting without realizing the mess he’s causing. At first, I gave him the benefit of a doubt and figured that maybe he’s that clueless on how to work this message board, but that last post of his clearly gave it away that he’s just playing games.

Boid Brainfree

I had to drive to the library (in the next town) to explain. Last night I had my friend on long distance phone helping me to try to post a video correctly. We were getting nowhere so she actually joined the site (Sassie Senior) to go through the process and then she could tell me exactly what to do.

But she could not figure it out either. So she said she was gonna call her daughter and get her to help us.
By the time she got back to me I had been banned.

It is indeed frustrating for me to to not understand what apparently are simple intructions for most.

Hey Shemps...those instructions popped up when I clicked post at one point during my confusion. I was not being cute. If there was a way for me to delete it, I didn't know about it.

If I'm allowed to hang around I swear I will never try to post another You Tube video. I don't know if there is such a thing as being computer-lexic, but I surely am. And I assure you it's no fun.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I'll tell you what, you can stay around but on a probationary basis for the time being. Misbehave one time and you're gone.

It's really not hard to post a youtube video, and I don't think it can be explained any more clearly than it has.

I'll reinstate your other account and ban this new one since multiple accounts are against the rules.

Edit: you should be fine now.

xraffle

Boid- There is a "Modify" and "Delete" button on the top right of EVERY one of your posts. Please see the attached picture as a sample. As you can see, I have the option of deleting or changing my posts. You can do the same with yours.

Offline JazzBill

This is too much! Talk radio is buzzing where I live over this shit!

I'm not too good with computers myself. It took me a while to get it. (Dunrobin can testify to that, he's had to help me more than once).
The way I do it is, look below the video you're watching and you see Add To, Share and Embed. Hit Share. The wwwyoutubecom/watch?v=NqdChnj2i5w should pop up.
Click on your screen and the blue should go off. Then copy every thing past the =. If you copy the = it won't work.
Now on the Three Stooges site hit the youtube icon above the yellow faces. This is where you post what you copied off the youtube site. Put your cursor between the ] [ paste it there. I don't know if this the right way, long way or wrong way, but it works for me. Good Luck !

"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Curly4444

Also he should hit the preview button first to see if it works. Then post it.

Offline JazzBill

Also he should hit the preview button first to see if it works. Then post it.

Good point.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
This is how you post a Youtube video.

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!
I just copy the whole bunch of letters from the URL box and paste them into [ Invalid YouTube link ].
IT'S ALIVE!!!!