Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Three Stooges and Heavy Metal

Offline Rhinosaurus

Hey everyone, just thought I would let you fellow stooge fans know that my band, Rhinosaurus has a song about the Three Stooges called "Beer Barrel Polecats."

We are in the studio this week recording a 5 - song EP and we just finished Beer Barrel Polecats and 12 Monkeys.  They are fully mastered versions and are available to listen to right now at http://www.myspace.com/rhinosaurustheband

There are some Stooge clips in the song itself so please take a listen and let me know what you all think when you get time!

CLick here for Rhinosaurus' 2 new songs, 3 more to come soon!

Offline archiezappa

Cool song.  I like it!  I also friended you on myspace.  Don't forget to check out my music.  http://www.myspace.com/bryanharwellmusic

However, you're heavy metal and I'm indie-folk-pop.  I still like your music, though.  I enjoy a wide variety of genres. 

Again, awesome song!

Offline metaldams

I haven't had a chance to check out the songs yet, but i'll pitch in once I hear 'em.  Still, blues/southern rock/thrash....interesting hybrid!
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline FineBari3

Hey everyone, just thought I would let you fellow stooge fans know that my band, Rhinosaurus has a song about the Three Stooges called "Beer Barrel Polecats."

There are some Stooge clips in the song itself so please take a listen and let me know what you all think when you get time!

CLick here for Rhinosaurus' 2 new songs, 3 more to come soon!

I think it is quite cool that you have a song about the Stooges!

However....remember the name Comedy III if you used clips of them in your songs!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I think it is quite cool that you have a song about the Stooges!

However....remember the name Comedy III if you used clips of them in your songs!

I was thinking the same thing. I listened to a little bit and he does have a clip in there but I think it is short enough to fall under Fair Use unless he starts profiting from it.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Dog Hambone

Good sounding tune, Rhino. And I'm not a metal fan...

Just a heads up, if you don't already know. I don't recall all the sordid details, but Jump 'N The Saddle had some problems with C3 Entertainment (I think) about their song The Curly Shuffle. I think it was a copyright issue. Maybe someone else in this forum can fill us in on what that was about & how it got resolved.  

Offline metaldams

I listened to "Beer Barrel Polecats," and I gotta say, there are some pretty sweet riffs in there, nice job!  The vocals kind of remind me of Cronos from Venom. 
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Rhinosaurus

Cool song.  I like it!  I also friended you on myspace.  Don't forget to check out my music.  http://www.myspace.com/bryanharwellmusic

However, you're heavy metal and I'm indie-folk-pop.  I still like your music, though.  I enjoy a wide variety of genres. 

Again, awesome song!

Thanks for listening archie!  I also enjoy all types of music, however this band seems to be best suited for me right now.

I listened to your music, and it reminds me of the The Band, Levon Helm type stuff, very cool.

Offline Rhinosaurus

I was thinking the same thing. I listened to a little bit and he does have a clip in there but I think it is short enough to fall under Fair Use unless he starts profiting from it.

Hey thanks for the heads up on this everyone.  Quick question, do I have to get permission and/or pay a sum of money to the Comedy III people if I do start profiting from this recording?