Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Find This Supporting Player

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Recently, a fairly prominent character actor who was very busy in film and TV from the 1950s thru the 1980s, was ID'ed in a brief appearance in one Three Stooges short. He appears in this trailer of CHINATOWN (1974), in one of the movie's more memorable scenes.

Anyone have an idea who it is, and the Stooge short he appeared in?

[youtube=425,350]3aifeXlnoqY[/youtube]

A few clues...
He usually played henchmen, gangsters, sidekicks, gunfighters, etc. A friend of Clint Eastwood, he had roles in several of Eastwood's films including THUNDERBOLT AND LIGHTFOOT (1974) and THE GAUNTLET (1977). His TV roles were usually sizable, guest-starring in episodes of MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE, GUNSMOKE, BONANZA, BATMAN, MANNIX, THE WILD WILD WEST, STAR TREK [TOS] and many, many more.

Offline Boid Brain

Recently, a fairly prominent character actor who was very busy in film and TV from the 1950s thru the 1980s, was ID'ed in a brief appearance in one Three Stooges short. He appears in this trailer of CHINATOWN (1974), in one of the movie's more memorable scenes.

[youtube=425,350]3aifeXlnoqY[/youtube]

A few clues...
He usually played henchmen, gangsters, sidekicks, gunfighters, etc. A friend of Clint Eastwood, he had roles in several of Eastwood's films including THUNDERBOLT AND LIGHTFOOT (1974) and THE GAUNTLET (1977). His TV roles were usually sizable, guest-starring in episodes of MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE, GUNSMOKE, BONANZA, BATMAN, MANNIX, THE WILD WILD WEST, STAR TREK [TOS] and many, many more.
I have to guess that it was the guy who played "Floyd", Polanski's character's henchman?
But his face is totally unfamiliar to me. Is he the guy?

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I have to guess that it was the guy who played "Floyd", Polanski's character's henchman?
But his face is totally unfamiliar to me. Is he the guy?

Yes, the henchman. (But I believe the character's first name is 'Claude.')

Offline Boid Brain

Yes, the henchman. (But I believe the character's first name is 'Claude.')
You are correct, Sir! For some reason I was thinking of Sam Spade's henchman, Floyd Thursby. Go figure.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Recently, a fairly prominent character actor who was very busy in film and TV from the 1950s thru the 1980s, was ID'ed in a brief appearance in one Three Stooges short.

A few clues...

Virtually giving the answer away, here're clips from STAR TREK "The Omega Glory" (1967) and BATMAN "When the Rat's Away, the Mice Will Play" (1966) that feature this supporting player...
[youtube=425,350]aVQznqq3NWA[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]AZ4U9Xmzfu8[/youtube]

Offline Lefty

So Roy Jenson was in a pair of Batman episodes, eh?

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Roy Jenson

Correct. Roy Jenson is a new addition to the supporting players list, recently identified as one of the three scuba divers in FLYING SAUCER DAFFY (1958).