Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Help finding an episode (smashing a door frame)

mame · 3 · 1739

Offline mame

Hi! my boss is convinced there is an episode in which the Stooges (but it could be Laurel & Hardy, or Abbot & Costello)
want to put a piece of furniture (couch, piano, table, or something too big to fit) thru a door frame (window...).
They will (unsuccessfully) try and, at the end, they will smash the door frame with the furniture and finally pass through the door.
He needs the scene for a presentation (he is an orthopedic surgeon) and the message he wants to deliver is that if you use
your prosthesis (the piece of furniture) in activities it wasn't designed for (high demand sport - passing thru the door frame)
at the end it will break your bones (the door frame).

If this episode does not exist but there are other that can transmit this "message", I would appreciate very much any suggestions.
It would be great If there is a short movie on the net (he is convinced of that, but I haven't found any).

Thank you again
Roberto

Pilsner Panther

There's nothing like that in any Stooges short that I can think of, but in Laurel & Hardy's "The Music Box," Stan and Babe try to get a player piano into a house— wrestling with the piano case, which almost seems like a live entity trying to fight back.

Also, in Buster Keaton's "The Boat" (1921), Buster builds a boat in his garage, and when he's finished, it turns out that it's too big to go through the garage door. So, he hooks it up to his Model T Ford and tows it out anyway, demolishing the door frame and completely destroying his house! Ignoring this minor mishap, Buster and his wife and kids go out for a carefree day of boating anyway.

[pound]

Hope this is of some help...

Offline mame

Thank you very much for your reply. I will try to find them and see if they suit him.
Any other suggestions are more than welcome.

Thank you again