Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Pro Wrestling Thread

metaldams · 256 · 63877

Offline HomokHarcos

I’ve been watching quite a few clips from the various NWA territories recently: Mid South, Jim Crockett, Memphis, Florida, WCCW and Georgia. For somebody who's used to seeing Hacksaw Jim Duggan and the Bushwackers as cartoony comedy gimmicks, it’s quite a difference seeing what they were like before they went to the WWF. Being NWA world champion Ric Flair showed up everywhere, having one heck of a schedule.

Bret Hart could get a good match out of anybody. In fact, he did face Doink at (I believe) SummerSlam or King of the Ring in 1993.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline HomokHarcos

Found Bob Backlund’s autobiography at a store, I’ve been reading through that.

Offline HomokHarcos

1980s and 1990s WWF was possibly my favorite comfort food to watch, even ahead of classic comedy. But with all the allegations coming out against McMahon I don’t know if I can stomach watching those older WWF shows anymore, seeing how it was Vince in charge and he had his blueprint all over it.

Offline metaldams

1980s and 1990s WWF was possibly my favorite comfort food to watch, even ahead of classic comedy. But with all the allegations coming out against McMahon I don’t know if I can stomach watching those older WWF shows anymore, seeing how it was Vince in charge and he had his blueprint all over it.

There’s been allegations for years with underaged ring boys being sexually abused back in the 80’s as well, amongst other things.  There’s a lot of stuff on YouTube and if half of it is true, it’s really disturbing.

I certainly grew up watching wrestling and it will always be a part of my childhood.  But with what I mentioned above, what is currently going on with Vince as well as boatloads of wrestlers dying way too young (not to mention the Benoit thing) - let’s just say it’s an eye opener that my childhood  interests weren’t as innocent as the nostalgia part of my brain would have me believe.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline HomokHarcos

I went to Philadelphia to see my first ever WrestleMania, and I had to go and see this Larry mural in person.