Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Official "order"

· 16 · 3628

rjprod

We have had discussions on how you name the Stooges.
Moe, Larry, Curly
or
Larry, Moe, Curly

Seems almost split evenly.
Any suggestions?

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Who's "we"? This your very first post here.

This has got to be one of the most superfluous threads I have ever come across.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

rjprod

"We" is in reference to the pural designation meaning "I" and several others. The "we" in reference is obviuosly outside this board, since as you state this  is my first post.
I came to this board because "we" were having this discussion and everyone I talked to seemed to be split on the answer. I came here for "expert" answer.

Get off your high horse, I asked a simple question. No need to rip anyone ESPECIALLY someone new to the board.
Either there is an answer, or you don't know.

If your "answer", is indicative of this message board, then this will make this my last post. Your post was totally uncalled for. I've got better things to do, pardon me for asking a question!!!

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Your "question" was a fucking stupid one.

I'll stay on my high horse, thank you very much.

I'll do you a favor and make sure you don't post here anymore. Consider yourself banned, asswipe.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Baggie

Ha ha, and I was just about to post something along the lines of "You really don't want to fuck with Shemp's#1, newbie. Trust me, I've been there." Hence, you got here first.
The artist formerly known as Shempetta

Pilsner Panther

Ha ha, and I was just about to post something along the lines of "You really don't want to fuck with Shemp's#1, newbie. Trust me, I've been there." Hence, you got here first.

Shemps#1 isn't just the Bad Cop, he's the Baaaaaaaddd Cop!

[afro]

Which doesn't leave me with very much to do, as the Good Cop...

;D

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Was I wrong? Lol, it was a really dumbass question.

Pilsner Panther

Well, you did come down on the guy really hard, but it was a stupid question. Not only that, his writing is atrocious (you picked up on that unattached "we" immediately), but you have to expect a certain amount of that on message boards, especially nowadays when hardly anyone can write a coherent English sentence any more. Hunter S. Thompson could write brilliant, memorable prose when he was bombed out of his skull—

"We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like "I feel a bit lightheaded; maybe you should drive ..." And suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us and the sky was full of what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, which was going about a hundred miles an hour with the top down to Las Vegas. And a voice was screaming: "Holy Jesus! What are these goddamn animals?"

"Then it was quiet again. My attorney had taken his shirt off and was pouring beer on his chest, to facilitate the tanning process. "What the hell are you yelling about?" he muttered, staring up at the sun with his eyes closed and covered with wraparound Spanish sunglasses. "Never mind," I said. "It's your turn to drive." I hit the brakes and aimed the Great Red Shark toward the shoulder of the highway. No point mentioning those bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough."

From "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" (1972)

[salame]

—but now it's hard to find anyone who can write even one decent, comprehensible sentence, sober.

My own take on moderating, Jim, is that everyone should get one free pass, unless they're completely obnoxious right from the start... I'm sure you remember (for example) Ward Robey, who was a total asshole— and if I'd been a moderator at the time, I would have kicked him off the board in about two seconds. Or less.

If someone doesn't seem to be an actual troublemaker or "ignoranimus," though, I'd let them slide for at least a couple of posts before I brought the hammer down.

[bash]

That's just one knucklehead's opinion, of course.

[wink]
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 02:17:38 PM by Pilsner Panther »

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I would agree with you there Pils, except this douche bag was practically asking to be banned in his reply. Whenever they say "perhaps this will be my last post here" I read that as "please ban me".

I love that whole "we" excuse. Nuh-uh buddy. The correct terminology would be "my friends and I" or something similar. The use of "we" indicates that he had been on this board and we had gotten into furious debate over what order the Stooges fucking names should be in. That was a huge mistake: how the fuck am I supposed to know he's talking about a group of his friends (actually, I did presume as much, but I could have been wrong too).

xraffle

The question he asked was unnecessary. I was also unsure of who "we" referred to. Also, the guy doesn't have any right to talk back to the moderator like that. So, you did the right thing.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 07:59:48 PM by xraffle »

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I have to agree with Jim - this guy was an obvious asshole, judging from his response to Jim's initial reply.  When I first read his reply, I thought maybe Jim had come down hard on him right away, but he hadn't.  He didn't even say that it was a stupid question (which it is) - he merely called it "superfluous."

Frankly, I don't mind loosing someone like that at all.  We have to deal with enough hypersensitive ignoramuses in real life these days; we certainly don't need to deal with them here, too.

Offline jaronson

• Numbskull
  • Team Stooge
  • Birdbrain
Did anyone notice that this guy wasn't even a registered member?  I thought guests weren't allowed to post.
Larry: Wait a minute, you forgot something. *SLAP* That’s what you forgot.   -TRICKY DICKS

Moe: This is a pool game, not a blitzkrieg.  I think I’ll invade you.    -I’LL NEVER HEIL AGAIN

Stanley Blystone: But my Fuhrer, ve are Nazis, ve have no brains.    -BACK FROM THE FRONT

2007 New York Giants: Super Bowl XLII Champions

xraffle

Did anyone notice that this guy wasn't even a registered member?  I thought guests weren't allowed to post.

He was registered when he posted, but then was banned due to his remarks.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Yeah, I wiped out his membership completely.

Offline jaronson

• Numbskull
  • Team Stooge
  • Birdbrain
Ok, good.  That question he asked was pretty stupid and he had no right to mess with Jim like that.  Maybe that should be another guideline to add to that thread if it isn't there already.
Larry: Wait a minute, you forgot something. *SLAP* That’s what you forgot.   -TRICKY DICKS

Moe: This is a pool game, not a blitzkrieg.  I think I’ll invade you.    -I’LL NEVER HEIL AGAIN

Stanley Blystone: But my Fuhrer, ve are Nazis, ve have no brains.    -BACK FROM THE FRONT

2007 New York Giants: Super Bowl XLII Champions

Offline Robbie883