Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Farrellys Talk About Their Stooges Movie..

Offline Curly4444

I have a better chance of pulling Excalibur out of the stone than this movie has at being a hit. I bet it dont even make the top 5 films when it debuts.

xraffle

I have a better chance of pulling Excalibur out of the stone than this movie has at being a hit. I bet it dont even make the top 5 films when it debuts.

Maybe it'll make the bottom 5.

I just hope this movie won't be as bad as "The Honeymooners" movie. That movie was a disgrace to Jackie Gleason and Art Carney. What a shame! Now, I'm afraid this stooge movie will disgrace our boys.

Offline FineBari3

I wonder who among us will actually go an see this film, and tell us about it!  (Not me!)
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline metaldams

I wonder who among us will actually go an see this film, and tell us about it!  (Not me!)

I can bitch and complain all I want, but I know at the end of the day, they'll get my money because I'm too morbidly curious not to go see it.  I can't imagine I'll buy it on DVD unless if goes well beyond my expectations, but yeah, I'll see it in the theater, and I'll post my opinion I'm sure.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline ProfessorStooge

Despite the negative criticism the film has been receiving, I do plan to see it when it hits theaters.  No matter what the critics say about, I will always be a Stooges fan.

xraffle

Despite the negative criticism the film has been receiving, I do plan to see it when it hits theaters.  No matter what the critics say about, I will always be a Stooges fan.

But that's the thing. This movie is an insult to the stooges and their fans.

Offline Faeriegirl

• Shemp's Darling Dilly
  • Grapehead
  • Dreaming of Shemp
    • I Surf for the Freedom!!
I also plan on seeing this movie when it hits theatres, If not I will at least rent it on VCD or DVD when it comes to store shelves. Until then at least One can merely watch news of it.

Poor Larry's hair was not THAT bad... was it ?

Personally here is how I now see this movie

It isn't the Stooges, it is just a fans take on the Boys, Sure it may be a freaky one that makes zero sense whatsoever,

I recall the following quote from a family member of mine saying
"I'm a stooges fan, I got my sister into them too, she loves Shemp. So we got into a debate, and this is what came out. Lets take A Plumbing We Will Go. Its seventeen minutes long, and throughly enjoyable, every minute is a laugh. But then take that same short, and add another 60 or 70 minutes to it, its just not the same. Until Have Rocket Will Travel came out, the boys honed their craft at the shorts. Trying to make a movie out of one of the shorts would result as a disaster. However giving the Boys a script written for a movie and not a short turned into a movie, is a whole new ballgame, which they pulled off very well in their films, Rocket, Orbit and Snow White. Around the World in a Daze however I am questionable on. But they did well considering the movies were written with them in mind, not a short stretched into an hour long battle with boredom"

NOTE: I asked my family member in question if I could post the quote, as he doesn't have a computer nor get online often. He said I could as llong as he is unnamed.

So that said, and quoted above, if the Farrelly's don't use a short per sei and make a movie with the stooges as centeral characters with no relations ot a short at all, I think they could do it, only, it wont exactly be the Boys, it'll be lookalikes.
Shemp: Moe! Larry! Wait for me!! *hits himself with shovel*
~ Who Done It?

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!
I'll go see it.  It's the Stooges (somewhat), after all.  And besides, like Doug said, I'm morbidly (masochistically?) curious. 
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I will not support this project by spending money to go see it. That doesn't make me any less of a Stooges fan than someone who does and to say that is the case is asinine.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline metaldams

I will not support this project by spending money to go see it. That doesn't make me any less of a Stooges fan than someone who does and to say that is the case is asinine.

Yes it does make you less of a fan you, you, non fan you!  [pie]

I can completely understand why somebody would not spend money on this.  I know I will because for one, my brother will see it and I will probably go with him.  I also rarely go to the movies these days, so it will be an excuse for me to do that, and yes, like I said, morbid curiosity will get the best of me.

Still, if anybody won't see this, I totally understand.  I think somebody on this board needs to see this movie anyway.  We need the point of view of somebody who will watch it and at the same time, not be automatic fan boy towards it because the name "Three Stooges" is stamped on it.  I will try my best to keep an open mind, but I admit my expectations aren't all that high.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Curly4444

Yes it does make you less of a fan you, you, non fan you! 

Is that a joe besser parody?

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I'm sure curiosity will get the best of me too and I'll end up seeing it, but I won't spend money to do so *wink wink, nudge nudge*. If I were to go to the theather and plunk down the $10 or whatever for a ticket (yikes) it would be supporting a project I absolutely do not support.

Will Sasso is a terrible comic/actor. He was a shitty Artie Lange replacement on MAD TV and showed up on wrestling a couple of times impersonating Steve Austin. He's also much too big for the role, towering over Fake Moe and Fake Larry. He resembles an overgrown DeRita, both in appearance and talent.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Curly4444

I'm sure curiosity will get the best of me too and I'll end up seeing it, but I won't spend money to do so *wink wink, nudge nudge*.

Offline ThunderStooge

I kind of want to see it out of morbid curiosity, but at the same time, I don't think I want curiosity killing this cat.  I'll wait for reviews and critical feedback from fellow fans.  I really don't want to spend what little money I do have on a movie that I don't think should be done.
"Wake up and Go ta sleep!"

Offline Featherbrain

I'll probably see it (or as much of it as I can stand) when it's on free TV. Or, if by some miracle it receives good reviews, I might spend $2.99 for a download.

But I have the feeling it might turn out like this travesty:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0143096/combined

John L
Are you married or happy? Or who cares?

Offline Stooges#1

To be honest, if not for Sony releasing all 190 shorts onto DVD I would have been disappointed with this film. But now, Hollywood can make all the Stooge films they want and I'll just sit back and watch the only Three Stooges that truly count. Although, I do understand the disappointment with this film. 

I must say this part of the article is mind-bogglingly stupid, given the last few years.

We love these guys and we want to bring them back. We want to give them the A-class treatment they deserve.

What exactly were Sony doing all this time?

Offline ProfessorStooge

The film has now entered post-production. I'm surprised that the cast of Jersey Shore is making a cameo appearance.

Offline Bum

Well, that cinches it for me: Now I *KNOW* I won't go to see it!

Offline ILMM

"That must be Nick Barker.... he's disguised as a black banana."-Shemp

Offline archiezappa

I watched that, but can't tell much about them, except that they really do look like the Stooges.  The makeup artists did a fantastic job on that one. 

One thing I do want to say about the movie.  They really need to show this movie in black and white.  I mean, it would really stand out in today's theatres.  And it would be the ultimate tribute to old Hollywood if they would put the film out in b&w.  And it would be truer to the original format.  A totally radical move in this day and age, but I think the fans would be more receptive.  The older fans, I mean.

Whatever the case, I hope this movie is as great as the Farrelly's say it will be.  However, like all of you, I'm still very skeptical at this point.

Offline Curly4444

They really need to show this movie in black and white.
I think we'll see the cubs in a world series before we see that.  [pie]