Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Stooge Features/What gave you a chuckle?

Offline pipboytaylor

While I know the 6 Stooge Features with Joe Derita aren't very popular nor consistantly funny all the way through, I do think the Stooges had some funny scenes. I was just wondering what you thought were some of the funniest moments? It been more than a year since I have seen any of them so I'm going to probe my mind and see what I recall from memory as funny.

From "The Three Stooges In Orbit" a few scenes standout. Curly-Joe in the shower with the remote control copter was amusing. The bra falling on the army officer was pretty funny but I guess my favorite scene was Larry in bed with the "monster" and the sped up footage of Moe? boucing off the wall. I also thought the whole apartment scene "Scrapbook" footage was very well done.

From "The Outlaws Is Coming" I thought outlaws being kept in line by Moe near the end of the film was hilarious. The "Tarantula Fizz" bit was amusing also. To me the actors that played the "outlaws" in this film were funny guys and actually are what makes this film worth watching.

From "The Three Stooges Meet Hercules" the scene that stands out as the funnniest is Moe getting his butt tore up by the can opening chariot wheel!

Nothing comes to mind from any of the other three features. I guess that is a bad sign. I've only see "Snow White" once and I can't bare to sit through it again.

Offline Boid Brain

Sorry, Pip. I don't remember ever having as much as a chuckle watching the DeRita era films.

It just ain't funny watching old men fake punch and poke other old men. You know, sometimes I wonder why Moe would hire the guy to replace Curly and Shemp....that non funny turd was not even a comedian!