Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Who Did You Vote For?

jaronson · 46 · 12193

Poll

Which Presidential Candidate Did Everybody Vote For?

George W. Bush
4 (28.6%)
John Kerry
3 (21.4%)
Ralph Nader
0 (0%)
Other
1 (7.1%)
It's Private
0 (0%)
Too Young to Vote
5 (35.7%)
Didn't Vote
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: November 10, 2004, 02:47:53 PM

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Kerry was for the War. Then did a flip flop when he decided to run against Bush. He SINCERELY did what ever the public would buy to WIN.

You are absolutely correct.  Kerry and the Democrats are just a big a bunch of lying, hypocritical, thieving scumbags as Bush and the Republicans are.   >:(

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Answer: No and No.

Yet another jackass republican who believes anyone who disagrees with him is a jackass democrat. Or perhaps it's democans and republicrats. Same difference. The only thing special about Bush is that he, Cheney, and the others continuosly boofed this country for four years in ways no other president has done before*: and that's saying something! Yet the rubes in this country came out in droves to vote this inbred retard back in office, and to those who did I say you deserve whatever comes your way.

*That, and his constant crusade to eradicate the line that is supposed to seperate Church and State.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline 123cagney

Answer: No and No.

Yet another jackass republican who believes anyone who disagrees with him is a jackass democrat. Or perhaps it's democans and republicrats. Same difference. The only thing special about Bush is that he, Cheney, and the others continuosly boofed this country for four years in ways no other president has done before*: and that's saying something! Yet the rubes in this country came out in droves to vote this inbred retard back in office, and to those who did I say you deserve whatever comes your way.

*That, and his constant crusade to eradicate the line that is supposed to seperate Church and State.
May I at the least ass-u-me that your a Shemp fan, based on your title name? If so, we probably( in the STOOGE world) have an awful lot in common. That is what this site is all about,right? But, What you and I will never share is this eight year old mentality of name calling. Even though we disagree,I have not called you a single name.  I (according to you) am a jackass. You claim how it's the "American way" to voice your opinion. I guess what you mean is, as long as its your opinion. As to  being the world police...yes, sad we have to do that sometimes isn't it? Imagine if every country joined in the fight against oppression and tyranny. It would be unable to exist. We waited to get invvvolved with the war in europe (Hitler) because it didn't concern us. That thought process killed 6 MILLION jews. That thought process almost let a mad man take over the world. We came close to having our ass handed to us. Let's NEVER let that happen again. Or next time, I don't believe we'll be so lucky

Pilsner Panther

Now I'm totally confused— I thought the Democratic symbol was the jackass, and the Republican one was the 'pachy-doimy,' or Ella Funt.

"Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!'

—Dr. Strangelove

:o

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Actually, I was referring to the sameness of both parties, but I can understand where you interpreted that as an insult. I could have gone with the elephant, but I felt the jackass was more fitting. My apologies for not clarifying my point.

You assume I am a Shemp-head; actually, it's more a statement of the obvious due to my username. You also assumed that I am turning my back on this country just because I disagree with Captain Dipshit and his idiotic war. You are wrong, one does not have to blindly support the Government to be patriotic.

Bush took a major tragedy like 9/11 and used it as an excuse to invade Iraq, a country that had nothing to do with what happened. You love using the WWII analogy, but are wrong in doing so. Iraq never attacked us, Japan did. Japan was alligned with Germany. We didn't enter that war because of the Holocaust, we entered it because we were attacked, and we went after the right people. As for almost getting our asses handed to us by Germany, not even close. The Germans were getting theirs handed to them by the Russians and were in no condition to try to take over the US. In fact, Hitler wanted no part of the US, and didn't want them in the war.

A better analogy for this war is Vietnam. Just as we had no business over there, we have no business being in Iraq. If you are so gung-ho about this war go over and fight it. I don't care how old you are, it would be better than killing off a generation of young men that don't want to be there, like we did in 'Nam; or even worse, ruin their lives (just ask my uncle, but don't bother him during one of his many flashbacks or he might think you're a Vietcong trying to ambush him).

If you want America to police the world then put on a uniform yourself.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2004, 11:17:13 AM by shemps#1 »
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Oh, and as for that mess about "only if it's my opinion", I have three words for you: Pot, Kettle, Black.

Offline 123cagney

Actually, I was referring to the sameness of both parties, but I can understand where you interpreted that as an insult. I could have gone with the elephant, but I felt the jackass was more fitting. My apologies for not clarifying my point.

You assume I am a Shemp-head; actually, it's more a statement of the obvious due to my username. You also assumed that I am turning my back on this country just because I disagree with Captain Dipshit and his idiotic war. You are wrong, one does not have to blindly support the Government to be patriotic.

Bush took a major tragedy like 9/11 and used it as an excuse to invade Iraq, a country that had nothing to do with what happened. You love using the WWII analogy, but are wrong in doing so. Iraq never attacked us, Japan did. Japan was alligned with Germany. We didn't enter that war because of the Holocaust, we entered it because we were attacked, and we went after the right people. As for almost getting our asses handed to us by Germany, not even close. The Germans were getting theirs handed to them by the Russians and were in no condition to try to take over the US. In fact, Hitler wanted no part of the US, and didn't want them in the war.

A better analogy for this war is Vietnam. Just as we had no business over there, we have no business being in Iraq. If you are so gung-ho about this war go over and fight it. I don't care how old you are, it would be better than killing off a generation of young men that don't want to be there, like we did in 'Nam; or even worse, ruin their lives (just ask my uncle, but don't bother him during one of his many flashbacks or he might think you're a Vietcong trying to ambush him).

If you want America to police the world then put on a uniform yourself.
Very good, Japan did attack us. Germany did not! We were fighting Japan in the Pacific for almost three years before getting involved with Germany. Because we  didn't want to BE involved. In the end we decided to invade the beach of Normandy France. Hitler did declare war on the United States, even though there was no actual attack. Saddam Hussan WAS an evil dictator. And it's a good thing he's out of power. Freedoms price sometimes seems to exceed its worth. If we all said I won't go to war...I'm afraid to even think about the consequences. Lets end our futile argument with a gentlemans agreement to agree to disagree. Peace!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2004, 02:31:51 PM by 123cagney »

Pilsner Panther

Cagney my man, you're lucky that shemps#1 is only coming down on you for your politics and not for your atrocious spelling and punctuation.

Republican or Democrat, Libertarian, Green, or whatever— literate people all agree: a period, comma, or semicolon is always followed by a space. I'd never hand a newspaper editor a manuscript that looks like what you crank out, because they'd laugh me out of their office. I'm a published San Francisco Chronicle op-ed writer, too, so I know what I'm talking about.

Calm down a little and figure out where the space bar is on your keyboard... it's really easy to find!

::)

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I THOUGHT I was using KID GLOVES on Cagney, but I GUESS I was WRONG.

Don't burst a ventricle.

Offline 123cagney

Cagney my man, you're lucky that shemps#1 is only coming down on you for your politics and not for your atrocious spelling and punctuation.

Republican or Democrat, Libertarian, Green, or whatever— literate people all agree: a period, comma, or semicolon is always followed by a space. I'd never hand a newspaper editor a manuscript that looks like what you crank out, because they'd laugh me out of their office. I'm a published San Francisco Chronicle op-ed writer, too, so I know what I'm talking about.

Calm down a little and figure out where the space bar is on your keyboard... it's really easy to find!

I'm not looking for the Nobel prize Pils, chill out. I didn't know anyone was holding back on me. You answer for Shemps #1 more than he does. As for constantly correcting people, its obnoxious and rude. Someone may start to think, you believe your better than everyone else. I would never have questioned your expertise in grammar. There was no need to boast about your Chronicle op-ed writer position. Please lets MOVE ON, and be friendly!
 Rudeness.
 Trying this out: S#1

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I don't answer for myself because I don't feel the need to. Bad grammar can denote a lack of intelligence. Now I didn't say you are untelligent, it's just that we have been bombarded by idiots who can't type worth a shit. It's all about the way you present yourself. If you think we're being rude, go somewhere else.

Offline Senorita Rita

First of all, the electoral college and the party system need to be done away with.
Secondly, to quote the UK's Daily Mirror, "How can 59,054,087 people be so DUMB?"
Seriously WTF is WRONG with some people? Bush was the most inept, unarticulate, dishonest "leader" this nation has ever seen! His 4-yaer record was a disaster!  Yet middle America sees fit to let him drive us further into the ground? Its frightening. Equally frightening is that gangster Cheney and his work behind the scenes. My first year of voting was 2000, and even after the disillusionment that situation caused, I voted this year as well. Honestly, I would have voted for a cheese sandwich if I thought it could get Bush out. Mark my words folks, we are headed towards some baaaaad times. And to those of you who plan on voting in the future, I hope your grandfathers voted.....I'm just waiting to see who will recede first; California or New York.

There won't BE 4 more years!
...to say the least, if not less...

Offline scribe8585

I was a first time voter, I'm 19, and I voted for Kerry.

Pilsner Panther

I'm not looking for the Nobel prize Pils, chill out. I didn't know anyone was holding back on me. You answer for Shemps #1 more than he does. As for constantly correcting people, its obnoxious and rude. Someone may start to think, you believe your better than everyone else. I would never have questioned your expertise in grammar. There was no need to boast about your Chronicle op-ed writer position. Please lets MOVE ON, and be friendly!

I wasn't "boasting" about anything, as you so rudely put it. I was only pointing out that since I've written articles for some major publications, maybe the advice I gave you is sound advice.

Besides— Dunrobin, shemps#1, and I all feel exactly the same way about the importance of good grammar, spelling, and punctuation. When people put up a lot of thoughtlessly written (and typed) crapola, it degrades the overall quality of this board. Now, you be nice, or maybe I'll use my banning power before either of them does.

Let's make a fresh start here, okay? Especially since it looks like you took my advice after all, as this last post of yours is much more readable than the previous ones.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2004, 09:55:52 PM by Pilsner Panther »

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Some interesting data on the Presidential election.  According to data downloaded from the U.S. Census Bureau, there were 217,767,213 U.S. citizens aged 18 years and up (i.e., eligible voters) as of July 1, 2003.  That's the latest data available; the population obviously went up since then, but I estimate that the difference is offset by the number of citizens deprived of their voting right by reason of felony convictions, etc.

Let's look at the votes as reported on CNN's web site today, compared to the total eligible voters:

CandidateVotes Received % of Votes % of Citizens 18+
Bush 59,459,765 51.52% 27.30%
Kerry 55,949,407 48.48% 25.69%
Total115,409,172 53.00%

Neither candidate was supported by much more than a quarter of the populace.  I looks to me like None of the Above won by a plurality of 47%!   ;)

Note:  the percentage of eligible citizens who voted in the election (thus granting these bozos legitimacy) did go up this year; in 2000 only 49% turned out to vote.

Offline 123cagney

Pils, Yes, I would like to start fresh. I let passions overwhelm. From now on I plan to stay on the STOOGE track.
Cag

Pilsner Panther

Pils, Yes, I would like to start fresh. I let passions overwhelm. From now on I plan to stay on the STOOGE track.
Cag

That's fine with me; just watch the spelling and punctuation and don't flame anybody again (like you did with me when I was only trying to help you). If you remember those simple rules, none of the moderators will come down on you again.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Under the circumstances, I've removed your Warning restrictions, 123cagney.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Why is it whenever newbies get in the slightest bit of trouble on a non-Stooge topic they proclaim that they will keep their posts to Stooge topics?

I'm not picking on you or anything, Cagney. It seems to always happen that way.

Perhaps the others I'm remembering were all Islipp.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Why is it whenever newbies get in the slightest bit of trouble on a non-Stooge topic they proclaim that they will keep their posts to Stooge topics?

I'm not picking on you or anything, Cagney. It seems to always happen that way.

Perhaps the others I'm remembering were all Islipp.

Much of the time, they were!   ::)