Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Can't modify some threads

Offline Curly4444

I can't edit some of my posts. Do you guys have some sections set where the ability to modify a post, has been turned off?

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I'll have to defer to Rob on this one since I can modify pretty much anything at all times.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I can't edit some of my posts. Do you guys have some sections set where the ability to modify a post, has been turned off?

I'll have to check the permission settings.  I thought I had them set to allow members to edit their own posts everywhere, but maybe some boards didn't get set that way.  Can you tell me which boards won't let you edit?

Offline Curly4444

Seems to be all of them. For some reason Firefox isn't displaying the modify button. Works on IE, but not firefox. Funny thing is it use to always work.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Seems to be all of them. For some reason Firefox isn't displaying the modify button. Works on IE, but not firefox. Funny thing is it use to always work.

I looked at all the permission settings and didn't see anything that would be blocking you.  Your comment about it working on IE but not Firefox gives me a clue, though.  I noticed that you are one of the few people using the Sitra theme.  I suspect there is something in the code for that theme that Firefox doesn't like that IE auto-corrects.  I'll take a look at the theme code and see if I can spot the problem.

Offline Curly4444

I looked at all the permission settings and didn't see anything that would be blocking you.  Your comment about it working on IE but not Firefox gives me a clue, though.  I noticed that you are one of the few people using the Sitra theme.  I suspect there is something in the code for that theme that Firefox doesn't like that IE auto-corrects.  I'll take a look at the theme code and see if I can spot the problem.

Ok, and if that dont work, i'll change themes.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
I just took at a look at the theme and - Wow!  There are a lot of missing images files, etc., in it.  It's really out of date.

I suggest switching to the default theme, since it's been kept up to date with the mods installed.  Also, the other themes are going to be getting deleted in the future when I upgrade the site.  I will be updating the forum software at the same thing and it won't be supporting those other themes, so everyone will be switched to the new default then.

Offline Curly4444

I changed it to the default theme. Man, this skins so BRIGHT and compact. Well at least modify is back.  :D