Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Check out this advert...

Baggie · 7 · 2140

Offline Baggie

I know it's nothing to do with the Stooges, but this is one of the best adverts EVER! I don't know if you have seen it over in the USA, it's for the Volkswagen Golf GTi, so check it out...

http://www.visit4info.com/details.cfm?adid=20205
The artist formerly known as Shempetta

Offline Stoop

That is the best commercial I've seen in sometime. It's so catchy that now I can't get it out of my head! . . .Well that may not be a bad thing.
 ;D

Thanks for sharing.
It takes an estimated 2,893 licks to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop.

Offline Baggie

You're welcome, a lot of people in Britin are slagging it off, and I don't know why. I think it's a great advert and a lot of effort has gone into making the advert look as good as possible.
The artist formerly known as Shempetta

Offline Lola-Lou

• Porcupine
  • Applehead
  • I know, I keep changing my name.The voices told me
Wow! That IS a cool ad. Gene Kelly would be proud. It reminds of the movie THAT'S DANCING! Gene Kelly narrated the history of dancing in film from the silent era to the mid 1980's. It opened with a group of kids break dancing and Gene commented that "Like its ancestor The Jitterbug break dancing seems to be a dance meant just for the young, or the young at heart...that happen to be in perfect shape." THATS DANCING!: Great movie for any dancer by the way.
"I see" said the blind man peeing into the wind "it's all coming back to me now."

Offline Senorita Rita

I like it!  8) Its inventive, and not over done in the effects department.
Here's a question for those who think film colorization is vandalism: Do you feel the same about something like this? (How about the Fred Astaire dancing w/a dirt devil ad that was popular some years ago?)
...to say the least, if not less...

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
That was pure shit. That was so unoriginal and uninventive. Did I mention that I think that ad sucked?

It's bad because it's taking a classic scene from a classic film (one that do not care for, but that's beside the point) and using it to sell a fucking car. Volkswagon should have their founder (Hitler) peddling their shitty cars, not Gene Kelly. What's next? Orson Welles selling insurance? Yeah, that's an idea, instead of "Rosebud" he can say "Geico"!

There are certain things that advertisers shouldn't be allowed to touch, classic films and classic music are two examples.

One more thing before I go: that fucking ad sucked.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Stoop

I still think its better than some of the shitty, boring car commercials I see every morning.

They got the point across that something old had been given a new twist, while keeping it interesting. Which is more than I can say for commercials that I have seen, which have only succeeded in making me change the channel.

[tounge]
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 04:27:50 PM by Stoop »
It takes an estimated 2,893 licks to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop.