The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

IT AIN'T HAY (1943) on DVD, 2/1/11

Linked Events

• IT AIN'T HAY on DVD: February 01, 2011 - February 07, 2011

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Universal released IT AIN'T HAY (1943), starring Abbott & Costello with Shemp Howard, to DVD on Feb. 1.

The title is part of the Universal Vault Series, an MOD DVD-R program exclusive through Amazon.com. Until now, it was only available [officially] in a deluxe box set of all A&C Universal features.

Offline metaldams

Glad I was patient!  I'll probably pick this up.
- Doug Sarnecky

xraffle

Glad I was patient!  I'll probably pick this up.

Same here.

EDIT- Oh wait! This is an MOD DVD. Never mind. Count me out!

Offline JazzBill

Same here.

EDIT- Oh wait! This is an MOD DVD. Never mind. Count me out!

I'm just curious X. What's wrong with a MOD DVD? I ordered it a while back and watched it yesterday. I didn't care for the movie but that's a matter of personal opinion. Other than that it seemed fine, the quality was OK. Is there something about MOD DVD"S I should know about? 
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

xraffle

I'm just curious X. What's wrong with a MOD DVD? I ordered it a while back and watched it yesterday. I didn't care for the movie but that's a matter of personal opinion. Other than that it seemed fine, the quality was OK. Is there something about MOD DVD"S I should know about?  

I know I saw a few of those before. I can't remember exactly what titles they were, but they were Nickelodeon shows. I saw some reviews on Amazon where people were complaining that they're bootlegs, the DVD-Rs had issues, or the quality is extremely poor. I can't say whether it's true or not, but I don't want to take a chance after reading those reviews. Am I wrong? Are MOD DVD-Rs legitimate releases from the studios?

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Am I wrong? Are MOD DVD-Rs legitimate releases from the studios?

You are wrong.

- Warner Archive is a program of Warner Brothers
 - Universal Vault is a program of Universal
 - Columbia-Classics is a program of Sony

xraffle

Oh, I see.

Anyways, I found a Nickelodeon show that has MOD DVD-Rs.

http://www.amazon.com/Zoey-101-Complete-Second-Season/dp/B001EHDSPC/ref=pd_cp_d_2

And here's what one reviewer wrote:

2.0 out of 5 stars Official Bootlegs?!, November 20, 2008

I just got this today and I didn't read the description thoroughly. Turns out this isn't exactly professionally done, In fact it is basically a bootleg with an official presentation. These are DVD-R disks, not real DVDs! So $36 for 3 burnt DVD-Rs, none the less is it bootleg, its highway robbery also! I will be returning these as they are not what I expected. Sad because I love the show, but so far imo the 1st season is the only real release so far. Other than that the quality is good, but cheaper to download and make your own bootleg dvds!

Maybe this guy got something different, I don't know. But ever since I read reviews like this, I've been very leery about buying MOD DVDs. But it just seemed like he's upset at the fact that they're burnt DVDs. So, maybe I got the wrong impression when reading these reviews.  :-\