The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2011 MLB Baseball Thread

shemps#1 · 884 · 191219

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
You know I'm surprised the Rangers didn't go with Wilson tonight. I also like how the rest of the Cards are getting it done when Pujols isn't hitting/getting walked.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Looking at all those folks gathering outside the stadium I wonder if there will be riot tonight win or lose.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Walk one in, hit another in...Rangers are unraveling and I feel this one may well be over.

Offline JazzBill

Texas Toast ! I think that St. Louis comeback last night knocked Texas for a loop.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Allen Craig is quickly becoming a household name!

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Ron Washington looks like he's about to cry over his cocaine.

Offline Justin T

The game was still close and tense, but then the Rangers bullpen has a meltdown and now
the Cards have a comfortable 6-2 lead. I can't believed the walked in a run, then C.J Wilson
comes in and the first pitch he throws hits the guy and walks in another run.

St. Louis is now 6 outs from their 11th World Series championship, 2nd most behind the Yankees.

The way this series has gone, this wont be over until its over.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Part of me doesn't want it to end, this has been the best World Series in a long time from a competitive standpoint.

Offline Justin T

Part of me doesn't want it to end, this has been the best World Series in a long time from a competitive standpoint.

Agreed, one of the best in years. Very competitive, with some memorable games and
moments esp. that amazing Game 6.

"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

"Studio Stoops"

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Congratulations to Quad 4's and any other Cardinals fan out on a great World Series win. I am happy to say I was wrong. I guess Jesus doesn't love Josh Hamilton enough.

Offline Justin T

Congrats to the St.Louis Cardinals on their 11th World Championship, you guys more than
earned it.

A nice ending to a great World Series.
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

"Studio Stoops"

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
You gotta love how the first commercial after the game is over, whether it be the World Series, Super Bowl, NBA Championship etc. is always pedaling championship gear. I would love to see pictures of Third World children wearing Texas Rangers 2011 World Champions shirts.

Perhaps the Texas Rangers can aspire to become the new Buffalo Bills.

Offline Curly4444

I'm so happy, didn't know if we could do it. Finally a world series we deserve, unlike 2006.  Funny how before the start of the world series, everyone thought we'd get cremated.

Offline Curly4444

Freeze just got a fucking corvette, and it looks sweet!!!! Hopefully he wont get a DWI in it.  :police:

Offline falsealarms

Probably the best World Series of my lifetime (born in 85). Don't remember 86 or 91 at all, only faint memories of 93, and I never saw much of 02 (still in HS, games too late). Needless to say, we were long overdue for a memorable WS and this one didn't let down.

It's good for whoever signs him that CJ Wilson had an unimpressive postseason. It looked like he was going to get way overvalued and signed to an asinine contract, but maybe now people see him for what he really is. A solid third starter, no ace.

Offline metaldams

Congrats to the Cards, and Curly4444, enjoy your evening, and enjoy your winter.  This is what, the 3rd championship you're old enough to enjoy, or do you still have fond memories of Ruth being caught stealing?
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline falsealarms

Can you imagine if Ruth played today and got CS to end a WS?

Offline metaldams

Probably the best World Series of my lifetime (born in 85). Don't remember 86 or 91 at all, only faint memories of 93, and I never saw much of 02 (still in HS, games too late).

86 is the first one I was aware of, but it didn't hit me too bad because I was too young to stay up late enough to see it, and I was actually rooting for The Mets.  I became a Red Sox fan in 1987.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Can you imagine if Ruth played today and got CS to end a WS?

No doubt they'd blame the beer and hot dogs.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
86 was memorable for all the wrong reasons personally. I took so much shit growing up in Central CT where there was a mix of Sox/Yanks/Mets fans. 87 and 91 because of the two underdog, overmatched Twins teams that managed to win all of their home games. 93 was a great but I thought Marlins/Indians in 97 was even better. The Marlins win over Cleveland was however marred by the fire sale shortly after. The next great Series would take place in '01 when the Yankees, despite having most of the country behind them for a change, couldn't be Johnson/Schilling in the Series. In fact, the 01 Series could very well be best overall I have seen.

From a personal standpoint my favorite Series was of course the 2004 edition when the Red Sox swept the Cardinals.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Geez, too many typos and missed words to fix. Between work and baseball I've gotten even less sleep than usual the past two days.

Offline metaldams

86 was memorable for all the wrong reasons personally. I took so much shit growing up in Central CT where there was a mix of Sox/Yanks/Mets fans. 87 and 91 because of the two underdog, overmatched Twins teams that managed to win all of their home games. 93 was a great but I thought Marlins/Indians in 97 was even better. The Marlins win over Cleveland was however marred by the fire sale shortly after. The next great Series would take place in '01 when the Yankees, despite having most of the country behind them for a change, couldn't be Johnson/Schilling in the Series. In fact, the 01 Series could very well be best overall I have seen.

From a personal standpoint my favorite Series was of course the 2004 edition when the Red Sox swept the Cardinals.

I too felt the whole Yanks/Mets/Red sox thing in 1986, the first year I followed baseball.  I switched back in fourth between the Yankees and Mets in '86 and became a Sox fan the next year.

Believe it or not, even I was kind of rooting for the Yankees in '01, which shows how crazy that time period was post 9/11.  It would probably be more accurate to say i wanted to see New York have something to be happy about rather than see the Yankees win, but the few times in my life where I do pull for the Yanks (including this past September against Tampa), they always manage to lose.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Curly4444

Congrats to the Cards, and Curly4444, enjoy your evening, and enjoy your winter.  This is what, the 3rd championship you're old enough to enjoy, or do you still have fond memories of Ruth being caught stealing?
Funny, but im not laughing. No the first one i remembered was 82. I was 13.

Offline falsealarms

01 was great. One of my most vivid memories of that era was staying up way late on a school night and watching Luis Gonzalez win the WS against the Yankees. After the Yanks had beaten the Mets the year prior, this was something I took a tremendous amount of pride in.

Offline JazzBill

You can say that again. A lot of people missed out on a great series. What St. Louis has done since the end of August is totally amazing.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".