Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2011 MLB Baseball Thread

shemps#1 · 884 · 191308

Offline metaldams

Whether you like the results or not, great game tonight.  I was able to catch it in the 4th up until the end.  The Rangers played smart baseball in the ninth.  They ran well on the base paths and hit the ball where they were supposed to hit it in the given situation.  Sounds easy on paper, but so many teams don't execute when they need to.  Nick Punto flubbing that sacrifice was the exact opposite of what Texas did.   
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Justin T

Whether you like the results or not, great game tonight.  I was able to catch it in the 4th up until the end.  The Rangers played smart baseball in the ninth.  They ran well on the base paths and hit the ball where they were supposed to hit it in the given situation.  Sounds easy on paper, but so many teams don't execute when they need to.  Nick Punto flubbing that sacrifice was the exact opposite of what Texas did.

I agree, another great game with the Rangers playing smart baseball and taking advanage of mistakes
by the Cards bullpen.

Let's see what happens in Game 3 as we head to Texas. Very interesting and entertaining World Series
so far.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Am I losing my hearing or did Joe "Suck" Buck actually say "Beltre and Murphy BE the runners"?
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
So what was all of that bullshit I was reading about Pujols "choking" in the Series?
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Justin T

So what was all of that bullshit I was reading about Pujols "choking" in the Series?

Exactly what it was, bullshit.

Wow, that 3-run shot Pujols hit off Ogando was impressive. Wonder if that will be enough with
the way the Rangers have been able to keep hitting and stay in the game. St. Louis leads 12-6
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

"Studio Stoops"

Offline Curly4444

14-6, with another Pujolsl home-run. He's on fire.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Exactly what it was, bullshit.

Wow, that 3-run shot Pujols hit off Ogando was impressive. Wonder if that will be enough with
the way the Rangers have been able to keep hitting and stay in the game. St. Louis leads 12-6

You're telling me, that moon shot looked like a video game: absolutely picture perfect swing and everything.

Offline Justin T

Damn, Pujols can not be stopped tonight. Another home run, 2 run shot, and its 14-6 Cardinals.

As good as thier lineup is, I don't see the Rangers overcoming a 8 run deficit tonight.

But you never know.
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

"Studio Stoops"

Offline Curly4444

Offline Justin T

I hope they eject that stupid rangers fan.

Wish granted, security just sent him packing. That was a stupid thing to do.
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

"Studio Stoops"

Offline Curly4444

I know your teams losing, but that doesn't give you an excuse to be a jackass. Glad they tossed em.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I know your teams losing, but that doesn't give you an excuse to be a jackass. Glad they tossed em.

I had to walk my dog and missed it; what happened? Somebody run out onto the field?

Offline Curly4444

When a cardinal player was going for the hit to right field, someone thru a blow up baseball on to the field, at the same time he was going for the catch.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
When a cardinal player was going for the hit to right field, someone thru a blow up baseball on to the field, at the same time he was going for the catch.

What a retard! It's not often most people get a chance to attend a World Series game, why would you do something so stupid just because your team is getting their collective asses handed to them?

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
All hail the new Mr. October.

In all honesty I kinda wonder if Oliver didn't throw Pujols a tater on purpose.

Offline Curly4444

Albert makes history. 3 home runs in one world series game. WOW

Offline Justin T

All hail the new Mr. October.

In all honesty I kinda wonder if Oliver didn't throw Pujols a tater on purpose.

Indeed, not only has he tied Reggie Jackson and Babe Ruth with 3 Home Runs in a WS game, but i think that was his 6th RBI of the night which ties the WS single game RBI record shared by two Yankees
Hideki Matsui (2009 WS Game 6 vs Phillies) and Bobby Richardson (1960 WS Game 3 vs Pirates)

Amazing performance tonight. Cardinal's win Game 3 16 to 7. This is the slugfest everyone was expecting
in this World Series matchup. Lets see if the Rangers can bounce back in Game 4 tomorrow night.
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

"Studio Stoops"

Offline Curly4444

Indeed, not only has he tied Reggie Jackson and Babe Ruth with 3 Home Runs in a WS game, but i think that was his 6th RBI of the night which ties the WS single game RBI record shared by two Yankees
Hideki Matsui (2009 WS Game 6 vs Phillies) and Bobby Richardson (1960 WS Game 3 vs Pirates)

Amazing performance tonight. Cardinal's win Game 3 16 to 7. This is the slugfest everyone was expecting
in this World Series matchup. Lets see if the Rangers can bounce back in Game 4 tomorrow night.

Thanks for the info, didnt know all that.

Now the cardinals will be coming back to bush stadium for sure now.

Offline metaldams

I was at a friend's house, and he's a typical Philly fan who could care less if the Phillies aren't in it, so we were watching concert DVD's instead.  I did make him go back to the score occasionally, but the game seem so lopsided it didn't seem worth it.  Reading this thread, it seems like Pujols had one hell of a night!
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I still say Oliver wanted his name in the record books and gave Pujols a nice fat one to crush. My grandmother could have hit that one. That's not taking anything away from Pujols who was absolutely unstoppable. He also tied Paul Molitor's record for hits in a WS game with 5. It was absolutely incredible to see and if Pujols doesn't top Gay-Rod in terms of contract if he leaves St. Louis it is a travesty. Gay-Rod wishes he was half the hitter Pujols is.

Offline Curly4444

T-1:00 till game 4. I aint holding my breath on this one. I think the rangers will probably win this one? But, you never know?

Offline Curly4444

I hope you weren't watching the game a minute ago Shemps #1. George W Bush, just threw out the first pitch.  :P

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I hope you weren't watching the game a minute ago Shemps #1. George W Bush, just threw out the first pitch.  :P

I changed the channel in disgust. The man should be tried and executed for his war crimes, not throwing out the first pitch.

Offline Curly4444

I changed the channel in disgust. The man should be tried and executed for his war crimes, not throwing out the first pitch.

It gets worse, now i saw Barbra Bush in the stands behind home plate.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
It gets worse, now i saw Barbra Bush in the stands behind home plate.

I question whether she knows where she is anymore. Her uterus should have been declared a biohazard.

Well we go from no pitching to great pitching from Holland. We now have at least a Game 6.