Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2011 MLB Baseball Thread

shemps#1 · 884 · 191491

Offline falsealarms

Arizona showing life up 7-1 over Milwaukee, but that series still belongs to Milwaukee.

Offline metaldams

Aint looking good for us. >:(

Give me your address and I'll quickly ship you a Ben Francisco jersey.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Curly4444

Give me your address and I'll quickly ship you a Ben Francisco jersey.

That's ok, but i wouldn't mind the # for the mafia.

Offline falsealarms

Francona has replaced McCarver for the first 2 games of the ALCS telecasts on FOX. McCarver had a minor heart procedure but will be back for ALCS game 3.

Wishes for tonight -

STL forces game 5, which they go on to win.

ARI forces game 5, so Milwaukee can clinch at home.

Offline metaldams

Francona has replaced McCarver for the first 2 games of the ALCS telecasts on FOX. McCarver had a minor heart procedure but will be back for ALCS game 3.

Wishes for tonight -

STL forces game 5, which they go on to win.

ARI forces game 5, so Milwaukee can clinch at home.

Wishes for tonight:

Agree

Agree

John Lackey and Josh Beckett host a keg party in the Yankees clubhouse
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Lefty

Today's desires:

1.  Phillies win, preferably by 9:30 p.m. EDT.
2.  Dick Stockton doesn't sound like he's at a funeral when the Phillies do something good.
3.  Arizona wins, so if #1 occurs, the dome teams can have the stage all to themselves on Friday.

The way the broadcasters are doing these games, TBS must stand for "Turner's Boring Shlemiels."

Offline falsealarms

TBS isn't that bad. Smoltz is a very good analyst. Darling, for whatever reason, isn't as good as he is on SNY doing the Mets. He, Hernandez, and Cohen have a great chemistry on SNY. The only one I'm not high on is Dick Stockton. He's good when he does football on FOX, but doesn't come off as well doing a baseball game.

The best thing TBS has? Jaime Maggio.

Offline metaldams

The best thing TBS has? Jaime Maggio.

She's not bad.

Watching all these commercials as of late, I'm having these fantasies that involve the T-Mobile girl and that eccentric Flo girl from the Progressive insurance commercials.  I'll stop now before I go too Boid Brain on you guys, but that's my post season viewing experience.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Curly4444

This is the best shit ever. Go squirrel go!!!

Does Busch Stadium need to invest in a dugout dog to help keep the field clear?

Roy Oswalt(notes) might think so.

For the second straight night, a brave and fast squirrel — we like to think it was the same one — hilariously interrupted a NLDS game between the St. Louis Cardinals and Philadelphia Phillies. The tiny critter was even more brazen than it was on Tuesday, streaking across home plate just after Oswalt delivered a pitch to Skip Schumaker(notes) in the bottom of the fifth inning.

Watch your toes, Skip!

See the interruption here

Though the sight of wildlife streaking through the batter's box is funny enough — we've never seen that before — a few other factors upped the comedy level. Oswalt actually tried to use the squirrel's dash to get the pitch thrown out (no surprise, it was a ball) but his argument with home plate umpire Angel Hernandez was unsuccessful. Judging from the replay, there was no way it had an actual bearing on the play as Oswalt's pitch was in the catcher's mitt before the squirrel made its way into the play

The squirrel's innocence didn't change what Phillies manager Charlie Manuel would have liked to do to the intruder (via The 700 Level):

"Being from the south, being a squirrel hunter, if I had a gun there I mighta did something. I'm a pretty good shot," Manuel said after the game.

Other things we liked: Schumaker not seeing the squirrel despite it running across his feet, the crowd scattering as it made its escape into the stands and the squirrel predicting both a big return and a Cardinals win via his Twitter account on Tuesday night. St. Louis forced a decisive Game 5 with a 5-3 win, bringing their record in squirrel-interrupted games to an even 1-1.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Squirrel-returns-to-Busch-Stadium-heads-for-hom?urn=mlb-wp22794

Offline metaldams

This is the best shit ever. Go squirrel go!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Squirrel-returns-to-Busch-Stadium-heads-for-hom?urn=mlb-wp22794

Gotta love stuff like that.  Not quite like Dave Winfield getting in trouble for killing a bird with a line drive in Toronto, but still crazy stuff.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

OK, random thought here.  Watching the Arizona/Milwaukee game, and there's a commercial with J-Lo where her voice is obviously auto-tuned.  What right does an auto-tuned diva have to judge a show with singers?
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline falsealarms

STL won and ARI won their games. Two game 5's now on Friday. I definitely don't want Philly to win, but wouldn't mind Arizona beating Milwaukee. Both ARI/MIL are interesting stories for different reasons.

Now, Detroit, eliminate the Yankees Thursday night.

Offline Lefty

Desires through Saturday:

1.  Flyers win twice.
2.  Phillies win tomorrow.  (There will be a major distraction at the bowling alley during the 3rd game when the decisive game 5 begins, as there are TV screens over many of the lanes.)  The Phillies are 1-1 all-time in deciding games in the postseason.
3.  Tomorrow's New York paper headline about the ALDS:  "Yankees finishes 2nd, Detroit finishes next to last."

Offline Lefty

I almost forgot:  That squirrel was the same one from the night before -- I saw it wearing a J.D. Drew #7 Cardinals jersey.

Offline falsealarms

The famous squirrel. For some, the highlight of the night.

Offline falsealarms

So much for Francona managing the White Sox, as has been rumored. Robin Ventura, the former White Sox and Mets player, is now the White Sox skipper. Only 44 years old and has little (or no) managerial experience, so it's easy to see this move going either way in a few years. On the plus side, the White Sox aren't afraid to spend and the team he'll inherit isn't half bad. I thought they underachieved this year.

Offline metaldams

So much for Francona managing the White Sox, as has been rumored. Robin Ventura, the former White Sox and Mets player, is now the White Sox skipper. Only 44 years old and has little (or no) managerial experience, so it's easy to see this move going either way in a few years. On the plus side, the White Sox aren't afraid to spend and the team he'll inherit isn't half bad. I thought they underachieved this year.

Watch him go to the Cubs with Epstein, that would be crazy!

The Cubs would need to trade something for Epstein, though.  I'll take Starlin Castro, thank you very much.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Fare The Well Skanks.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Down go the Yankees! Down go the Yankees! It's a beautiful thing, it really is.

>:D
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Now I'll wait and see if the Cards can take down the Phillies. A Philadelphia/Yankee free World Series would be beautiful...
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Justin T

Yeah yeah whatever.

A reluctant congratulations to the Tigers, they edged us out tonight.

I hope they beat the crap out of the Rangers in the ALCS.

It's a good thing I don't drink often, or else I would have the urge to get drunk right about now.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Oh and Justin, part of me wants to offer my condolences, but that's a small part. The blood of Red Sox Nation flows through these veins so HAHAHAHA! The Yankees lose THHHHHHHHHHHHA YANKEES LOSE!

Welcome to the offseason, our manager would show you around the place but we don't have one.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown