The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2011 MLB Baseball Thread

shemps#1 · 884 · 191680

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Well I hope they call the game from here and the Red Sox win. That would kick ass and I can hopefully watch a Braves/Cardinals winner take all tomorrow.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline metaldams

WOW I hope you're watching this Doug. What a gutsy performance by Lester.

Yeah I'm watching.  That Scutaro double play was incredible.  I'm really nervous about holding a 1 run lead through 3 innings, though.  I really hope we can tack on some more runs, but at the very least, the Rays look like they'll lose and Lester remains undefeated against Baltimore.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I think Lester has come out, Aceves is in.

Watching the Braves choke against the Phillies.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline metaldams

I did not think it was possible for me to hate the Yankees anymore, but they are blowing this on purpose.  I want these fuckers to lose every game, and when I finally want them to win, they're blowing a 7 run lead in the 8th.  You cannot convince me this isn't intentional.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Damn Rays woke up...I'm not going to say it.

Offline metaldams

Damn Rays woke up...I'm not going to say it.

Oh, you can say it.

If Boston blows this and the Rays win, this will be the most appropriate way to end this horrible month.  They better put Mo in.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I think Mariano Rivera can use some work...don't want the old man to get cold.

Offline metaldams

I am absolutely furious right now.  The Yankees never give up a six spot when up by 7 in the 8th inning.......until now.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Justin T

I am absolutely furious right now.  The Yankees never give up a six spot when up by 7 in the 8th inning.......until now.

How do you think I feel? LOL
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline metaldams

Shoot me now.  This is old school Red Sox heartbreak.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

How do you think I feel? LOL

What do you care?  This game is meaningless to you.  I root for you guys to lose all the time and when I finally want you to win you give up a 7 run lead in 2 innings.  I am beyond furious now.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Justin T

What do you care?  This game is meaningless to you.  I root for you guys to lose all the time and when I finally want you to win you give up a 7 run lead in 2 innings.  I am beyond furious now.

I don't really care what happens with the Wild Card, but I still don't like watching my team choke
away a 7-0 lead regardless of who else it affects.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

"Studio Stoops"

Offline metaldams

I don't really care what happens with the Wild Card, but I still don't like watching my team choke
away a 7-0 lead regardless of who else it affects.

Please.  If I were in your position, I'd be begging for my team to choke.  Where was Mo?  He is not overworked at all.  They have a day off tomorrow.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Justin T

Meanwhile in NL the Cards win and the Braces are in extra innings vs the Phillies.

How long are they going to wait on the rain before they call Red Sox/O's?
Oh scratch that, looks like the game is restarting.

This is one messed up night of baseball
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

"Studio Stoops"

Offline metaldams

Let's go Scranton!  (Clap, clap)

This is a hell of a night of baseball, no doubt.  Curly4444, I'm surprised you're silent, your team had an easy night.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Congrats to the Cardinals, absolute disaster for Atlanta.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Both games 1 strike away.......this is beyond heartbreaking.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Beyond incredible.  I am speechless now.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

I will say congrats to Tampa Bay.  They showed heart and kicked our asses all season.  As for the 2011 Red Sox, they were a sorry excuse for a baseball team and should keep good company with the 2011 Atlanta Braves.  I really hope they do whatever it takes to be a better team next year.  Lots of good players, but no chemistry whatsoever.

Whether you feel it's justified or not, I think Tito may have managed his last game in a Red Sox uniform.  We shall see, but I think some change is going to happen, and Tito leaving is my prediction.  I wish we could get rid of Lackey's contract and put Crawford's on a very short leash. 
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Curly4444

Let's go Scranton!  (Clap, clap)

This is a hell of a night of baseball, no doubt.  Curly4444, I'm surprised you're silent, your team had an easy night.
Just wasn't online much, enjoying sweet victory with the cards shutout blowout over the Houston Astros. I was also biting my nails over the Braves/Phillies, which ended in sweet victory. Biggest comeback every for the cards.

Offline falsealarms

As a Mets fan, I have an idea of what Boston (and ATL fans) are going through right now. But, rooting interests aside, it's hard to draw up a better night of baseball than what we saw tonight. Talk about edge of your seat drama.

Crawford should have caught that ball. Given his season, it was a fitting end.

Offline metaldams

Crawford should have caught that ball. Given his season, it was a fitting end.

I had the exact same thought. 

I don't get NESN, but reading Red Sox message boards, Jim Rice is supposedly ripping the conditioning on this team, and Jerry Remy, usually an easygoing guy, is supposedly livid.  I don't think it is far fetched to say 1978 has been trumped.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Just wasn't online much, enjoying sweet victory with the cards shutout blowout over the Houston Astros. I was also biting my nails over the Braves/Phillies, which ended in sweet victory. Biggest comeback every for the cards.

Enjoy the playoffs, your team deserves it.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline falsealarms

Offline metaldams

WEEI live feed:

http://player.streamtheworld.com/_players/entercom/player/?id=WEEI

Stat they said: 77-0 when leading after 8 this year, until tonight.

We've also only won 2 games when losing after 7.  This team absolutely deserves what they got.  I was thinking to myself what's worse, this or Aaron Boone, and the Aaron Boone shot is worse.  The 2003 Red Sox were a great team who lost one heartbreaking game to end their season.  The 2011 Red Sox are choke artists of the highest magnitude who slid for an entire month.  Going though stuff like this builds character, though, so I'll be interested in seeing how guys like Pedroia and Ellsbury respond.

The curse of The Great Andino.  Robert Andino, I swear, beat us 3 or 4 times over the past few weeks, and the sad thing is he is about the same level player as Bucky Dent, read: not very good.
- Doug Sarnecky