The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2011 MLB Baseball Thread

shemps#1 · 884 · 191240

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
There's an excellent 0-0 baseball game between the Sox and Rays on ESPN going into the 11th after an awesome catch by Reddick. I noticed that ESPN will follow it up with Yanks/Rays tomorrow and then Mets/Cards on Wednesday. I can understand the Red Sox and Yankees since they are playing the Rays and all three teams are in a tight race, but the Mets?
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline metaldams

There's an excellent 0-0 baseball game between the Sox and Rays on ESPN going into the 11th after an awesome catch by Reddick. I noticed that ESPN will follow it up with Yanks/Rays tomorrow and then Mets/Cards on Wednesday. I can understand the Red Sox and Yankees since they are playing the Rays and all three teams are in a tight race, but the Mets?

This game is driving me nuts.  Gonzo misses a big hit by inches, Reddick strikes out bases loaded on a full count....please let's just fucking score here.  This is a good game though, just driving me crazy.

I get to go to the game on tuesday, glad I'm getting Kyle Weiland in my only game this year.   [pie]

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Damn it.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline metaldams

OK, the Red Sox officially don't deserve to win this game.  That was beyond pitiful.  We lose every extra inning game in Tampa and New York, its literally been years.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I'm thinking no one wants to win this game. Perhaps the Sox are trying to avoid having to go to Baltimore. Sure the O's have been terrible of late and are ripe for the picking but the city itself is a fuckin' dump.

Offline metaldams

I'm thinking no one wants to win this game. Perhaps the Sox are trying to avoid having to go to Baltimore. Sure the O's have been terrible of late and are ripe for the picking but the city itself is a fuckin' dump.

I work 9 - 8 tomorrow.  Yeah, I could go to bed, but frankly, I have trouble sleeping on normal nights, I know I won't sleep while a game is going on.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Oh great, Sutton batting for Ortiz.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
My dog has fallen asleep waiting for his usual night time walk.

Offline metaldams

The Red Sox owe us this one after that debacle against The Angels earlier in the year.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Mets and Astros went scoreless into the 24th inning in 68 according to the broadcast crew. Let's not break that tonight/this morning.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Onward to the 14th!

Offline metaldams

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
OK the pitcher should be tossed, that was two straight head hunting pitches.

Offline metaldams

I literally have to be up in six hours, this is ridiculous.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Nothing says a long baseball game like a shot of a couple of porkers yawning.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Bring on the 15th!

Offline metaldams

Aceves made that last inning merciful.  I would be so happy if we won this game.  Every time I be a fan and watch these late extra innings games, we lose.  Maybe I should go to bed, then we'll have a chance.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Oh fucking hell I thought Pedey had that!
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Shit, so close Pedroia.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Oh fucking hell I thought Pedey had that!

So did I, unfortunately it wasn't meant to be.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I think Youk has a gravitational baseball pull all his own.

Offline metaldams

Alright, it's up to Sutton and McDonald to drive the big runs in!  [cry]  Let's do this before this game goes on so long Gonzo will be batting below .300 tomorrow.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

I think Youk has a gravitational baseball pull all his own.

He grew up idolizing Don Baylor.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Ah, 2 hit batters, now I predict the game ends on a Scutaro error.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

The glitter Mom is freaking me out but I like the brunette behind her.
- Doug Sarnecky