Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

a movie about the stooges that recently aired

a freind of mine was telling me about a movie tha recently aired on tv about the stooges from their begenning to the end of their movie making career. It started with an old Moe Howard going to a theatre and seeing one of their old films and a man recognises him .then after the movie is over this guy confronts Moe about getting the stooges back together and Moe says that the stooges are over,  then there is a flash back to the guys before they became a team and how they started working together. Can someone please tell me the name of this movie .thanks a bunch

Offline Baggie

To answer your question the movie is called 'Three Stooges' and is a huge pile of wank.

Now Shemp's#1, get down here right away!
The artist formerly known as Shempetta

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
"The Three Stooges" was an alleged "bio-pic" that was released in 2000, and Baggie's right - it's a total piece of dreck.  The worst portrayal of all was that of Shemp, although the others were portrayed almost as poorly.

One of the many things that bugged me about this movie was when they "re-created" some of the routines the Stooges did, like Curly fighting with the oyster stew in "Dutifult But Dumb."  Words and lines would be left out, and they didn't even really try to match the set in the original shorts.  The re-created skits came off as lame and definitely un-funny.

If you like being fed a load of inaccurate, maudlin crap, by all means watch it, but if you have any respect for yourself (not to mention for the Stooges), then you'll completely avoid this piece of horse manure.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0214698/combined

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Rob hit it spot on. The alleged "biopic" is an overexploitive piece of shit. They really ass-rape Shemp; the only one who comes out smelling like roses is Derita, who in the short time he's in the film comes off as a Christ-like figure who single-handedly saved the Stooges. The Benjamin Bros. (Derita's adopted step-sons) had more than a little hand in making the film, so go figure.

You are better off avoiding the film altogether.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

CURLYFAN

If this movie is the one I think it is (The actor from "The Shield" plays CURLY) then the actor who played LARRY was almost a dead ringer voice and all. IMO

Offline Baggie

Since the other topic that Peter started is locked I'd just like to reiterate on this thread that this film is a total pile of dog turd. On Thursday I made sure that no screen in the house showed BBC2 from 2pm. Watching this film just makes me angry, and if I could list the inaccuracies in it I would probably take up a good few pages of the topic. Jim is right in saying that Shemp is totally unfairly portrayed (ass raped is a very good way to describe it,) and fat fuck DeRita does get all the glory, for what reason I have no idea. (Other than Jim saying that the Benjamin Bros. were involved in the film). The whole movie just makes me shudder! By the way Peter, in real life I believe Moe called Shemp Shemp, and he would call Curly either Curly or Babe. 
The artist formerly known as Shempetta

Offline stoogesarepimp

This movie WAS a piece of shit.  All the stooges were portrayed incorrectly, espically Shemp.
Go view my friends Three Stooges message board at http://stoogesboards.proboards55.com/index.cgi

ShempThePimp

Offline doughhead

Is that the one where Michael Chiklis played Curly? If so I agree. Curly did not have a stroke during the "We are morons" yell in "half Wit's Holiday" as the movie showed.