• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
45 years ago today, BATMAN premiered on ABC with "Hi Diddle Riddle."

[youtube=425,350]_icOt-lafi0[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]EFJaKkoocPA[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]GZQirUiSOqc[/youtube]

Offline Lefty

Yes, I remember it well.  I was next door at my best friend's house when it came on at 7:30 p.m.  After people caught on to the cliffhanger situations, I wonder if Thursday's ratings were much higher than Wednesday's.

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
BeAStooge ...
Was this also the pilot episode? I watched the later years and reruns as a youth, and saw the same level of live action shots and studio props used in the series.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
BeAStooge ...
Was this also the pilot episode? I watched the later years and reruns as a youth, and saw the same level of live action shots and studio props used in the series.

Yes, filmed in late summer 1965.

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Great lines ...
Riddler: What is it that no man wants to have but no man wants to lose?
Robin: ... a lawsuit!
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Boid Brain

Yes, I remember it well.  I was next door at my best friend's house when it came on at 7:30 p.m.  After people caught on to the cliffhanger situations, I wonder if Thursday's ratings were much higher than Wednesday's.
I thought it came on Tues and Thurs ???

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Wednesday and Thursday, 7:30PM Eastern.

"Same BAT time, same BAT channel!"

(Sorry, I just had to say it.)   >:D

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I just noticed that it looks as though they used some actual shots of the 1964 New York World's Fair in the opening of that episode for the "Gotham City World's Fair."  It was the Johnson Wax pavilion that caught my eye and made me look closer.  It would be funny as hell if I could spot my 9 year old self in one of those crowd shots.   ;)

I loved the '64 World's Fair, except for that damned "It's a Small World After All" song.  It must have been some insidious plot by the Joker.  46 years later and the fucking thing is STILL in my head.   Aaaaaarrrgggghhhhh!   Make it stop!!   [banghead]

Offline Boid Brain

I just noticed that it looks as though they used some actual shots of the 1964 New York World's Fair in the opening of that episode for the "Gotham City World's Fair."  It was the Johnson Wax pavilion that caught my eye and made me look closer.  It would be funny as hell if I could spot my 9 year old self in one of those crowd shots.   ;)

I loved the '64 World's Fair, except for that damned "It's a Small World After All" song.  It must have been some insidious plot by the Joker.  46 years later and the fucking thing is STILL in my head.   Aaaaaarrrgggghhhhh!   Make it stop!!   [banghead]
Wow! I also hate that tune!