Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Who am I?

Offline Boid Brain

Yes, it looks like Mr. Mature could be it.
But one of the clues was confusing. He said something like "this actor started out weak in movies but got strong later". Okay I see that now as a reference to the movie "Samson and Delilah" (1949) but the way he put it, it sounded like the actor's career started out slow and he became a bigger star later. That was confusing because Mature started out in leading roles right away, and never needed to work his way up from bit parts or small roles.

And I still have no idea what was meant by that rather frightening statement about Terry Moore! (And not sure I want to know!)

Mature is  correct...I agree that the early clues are vague, but the guys around here...well, you just can't give 'em too much info! Glad you got the 'weak/strong' inference Rich, but remember that his very 1st movie role was 10,000 yrs B.C....a grade C flick with no dialog and no name actors and the cheapest, fakest looking Allosaurus you ever saw in a movie until "Carnisaur'.

Terry Moore: The story goes that her studio boss (who ever ran the "Mighty Joe Young" movie lot) was couching Terry and she was his favorite at that time. He had info that Mature was hung like a mule, a dick of Berlean proportions and he used all his influence to put a stop to their dating. He need not have worried as Howard Hughs noticed her and she, like any other money grubbing starlet bolted from Victor post haste!

She related a story in a playboy interview that Hugh's promised to marry her (wink wink) So she met him on his Yacht and they sailed way out and the Captain "married" them...apparently Hughs did this quite a few times with starlets and had them stashed away all over the greater Los Angeles/Beverly Hills erea. But that is another story.

Thank you for playing "Who am I?"

Offline Boid Brain

As usual, no Googling is allowed on this! We are three Hollywood/T.V. performers. We all worked in a 70s movie that revived our dying (or dead) careers. We all died THIS year!

Who are we?

Offline Rich Finegan

As usual, no Googling is allowed on this! We are three Hollywood/T.V. performers. We all worked in a 70s movie that revived our dying (or dead) careers. We all died THIS year!

Who are we?
Leslie Nielsen, Peter Graves, and Barbara Billingsley, who all appeared in AIRPLANE.

Offline Boid Brain

Leslie Nielsen, Peter Graves, and Barbara Billingsley, who all appeared in AIRPLANE.
yes....and didn't Lloyd Bridges and Stack die not too long ago?

Offline Rich Finegan

yes....and didn't Lloyd Bridges and Stack die not too long ago?
Both actually have Stooges film connections.
Here are their entries in the cast listings on this site, including their death dates:

http://threestooges.net/cast.php?id=354

http://threestooges.net/cast.php?id=3753

Offline Boid Brain

Both actually have Stooges film connections.
Here are their entries in the cast listings on this site, including their death dates:

http://threestooges.net/cast.php?id=354

http://threestooges.net/cast.php?id=3753
Yeah, I recognized Sea Hunt man as a kid the 1st time I saw him in that phone scene, but I don't get the Robt. Stack connection from your link???

Offline Rich Finegan

Yeah, I recognized Sea Hunt man as a kid the 1st time I saw him in that phone scene, but I don't get the Robt. Stack connection from your link???
The link indicates the Stooges-related films in which the actor appeared.
In Robert Stack's case it was the 1940 SCREEN SNAPSHOTS short indicated and the 1965 compilation film HOLLYWOOD MY HOME TOWN. When you click on to the film titles you get all the rest of the details.

Offline Boid Brain

I was a charactor actor...I was hired for a big movie because of a certain skill that I had...this was in the early 50s...somehow I kept getting small parts in movies and I got better and better as an actor and became a solid charactor guy.

Later on I appeared with the likes of Burt Reynolds, Alan Ladd and Cloris Leachman in very successful films (to name a few)

I'm dead, but I will always be thought of as a true LION of movies.....who do U think I am?

Offline middlenamewayne

I was a charactor actor...I was hired for a big movie because of a certain skill that I had...this was in the early 50s...somehow I kept getting small parts in movies and I got better and better as an actor and became a solid charactor guy.

Later on I appeared with the likes of Burt Reynolds, Alan Ladd and Cloris Leachman in very successful films (to name a few)

I'm dead, but I will always be thought of as a true LION of movies.....who do U think I am?

Ummm... You just can't disguise your Lahr-in' eyes?

- mnw

Offline Boid Brain

Ummm... You just can't disguise your Lahr-in' eyes?

- mnw
sorry, I ain't Lahrin' to you...I don't think Bert ever crossed paths with Cloris or Burt...and I don't think being a goof ball is a special skill, like say W.C. Field's juggling.

OK, another clue: I played in Westerns, Cop movies and dramas, NO comedy.

Offline Boid Brain

OK...another clue...since LION did not help I will give another: "You are going in against a stacked deck" was big line in a certain movie.

Offline Boid Brain

My clues must be too vague...my skill was riding and roping...2 more clues: Bogdonovich and Terry Moore. I WAS a lion in the last big hit I was in.

Offline Boid Brain

Last clue: I was 2nd fiddle to the biggest leading man since King Kong, and Shane beat the hell outa me....that dam sod buster! But many years later I WAS Sam the lion.

Offline Boid Brain