Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Of interest to both Three Stooges and Buster Keaton fans

Offline metaldams

[youtube=425,350]DkPktbZVsOQ[/youtube]

For Keaton fans:  I may have to get this STEAMBOAT BILL, JR. Deluxe Edition, as there is a complete alternate take version, as shown here.

For Stooge fans:  Where have we seen this routine before?
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline FineBari3

[youtube=425,350]DkPktbZVsOQ[/youtube]

For Keaton fans:  I may have to get this STEAMBOAT BILL, JR. Deluxe Edition, as there is a complete alternate take version, as shown here.

For Stooge fans:  Where have we seen this routine before?

I recall watching this on YouTube before, and I love it!  Buster acts like a little boy in front of a mirror, doing little silly things with the hats. 

I can't recall what short it was, but I do know that Curly did this routine with his beloved cap. Buster did it with a beret in Steamboat Bill, Jr. (that takes place right before his trying on of the different hats). Both he and Curly wind up with the hat they wanted in the first place: their own!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

Offline metaldams

3 DUMB CLUCKS (1937)... not surprisingly, "Story and Screenplay by Clyde Bruckman."

You and False are right, as is Mar-Jean in saying it's Curly who did the routine.  It's 3 DUMB CLUCKS, and yeah, not surprising at all it was Clyde Bruckman who had a hand in writing it.

The great in-joke that only Keaton fans will get is when he quickly discards the porkpie hat.  By 1928 when this was released, Buster had done away with the porkpie hat for the last few years.  Of course, in his later career the porkpie hat would become his trademark again.
- Doug Sarnecky