Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Pie fights?

Offline GQKamen

Does anyone know how many pie fight or pastry fight shoots there are?  And if you know the names of those shorts....that would be helpful.  Thanks. 

Offline metaldams

Let's see.....

There's a clay fight in POP GOES THE EASEL
A  pastry fight in SLIPPERY SILKS
A  pastry fight in THREE SAPPY PEOPLE
A  pie fight in IN THE SWEET PIE AND PIE
A  pie fight in HALF-WITS HOLIDAY that had footage re-used a bunch of times in Besser and Shemp shorts

Am I missing any?

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Questions like this belong in the Questions and Answers board, GQKamen.  Please post them here from now on.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
So I'm not the only one getting the reports.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster

No, Pils and I get them too.  You guys as Global Moderators, and I get them as the Board Moderator.

Pilsner Panther

No, Pils and I get them too.  You guys as Global Moderators, and I get them as the Board Moderator.

I get them, but I don't do a whole lot of moderating, because one of you two usually gets there first.

I've got to say that the structure of this BBS software is really well thought out. It's not hard at all to assistant-manage the board and get rid of dimwits and troublemakers, which keeps the quality of the discussions pretty high. I just don't have a lot of time to do it in...

[faint2]

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
I came up with the following list, some of which metaldams already cited:

THREE SAPPY PEOPLE (1939)
NUTTY BUT NICE (1940)
IN THE SWEET PIE AND PIE (1941)
SPOOK LOUDER (1943)
HALF-WITS'' HOLIDAY (1947)
FRIGHT NIGHT (1947)
ALL GUMMED UP (1947)
HEAVENLY DAZE (1948)
GHOST TALKS, THE (1949)
PEST MAN WINS, THE (1951)
SPOOKS (1953)
FLING IN THE RING (1955)
SCHEMING SCHEMERS (1956)
PIES AND GUYS (1958)

They weren't always pie fights, per se, in the above list, but food was thrown around.   ;D

CURLYFAN

And speaking of 3 Sappy People, did anyone notice when the tamalie hit Moe he looked like he had a goatee and it was gone in the next scene then it reappeared in the following scene and then it was gone in the scene after that ???

Where did CURLY find a outlet on the table and who shut the razor off, it was still running when het put it on the table ???