Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Assorted Odd Questions....

Offline kinderscenen

Greetings!

Does anyone know where the Stooges' made their last personal appearance?  I'm guessing that they were still touring (or at least had a toned down touring schedule) when Kook's Tour was being filmed.  It's been mentioned in several publications that Moe worried about the bookings that would have to be postponed until Larry was able to perform again (or at least until a temporary replacement was found).

It was mentioned that Larry and his siblings were left-handed, yet in all instances where we see him writing or painting, he used his right hand.  I'm wondering if this was a case of the times (parents often forcibly changed their left handed children to right), or what looked better on camera.

Are there any copies of their tour schedules over the years?  I've often wanted to compare the schedules of the late 30's-early 40's to the Shemp era and the Curly-Joe era (both before and after the shorts were released to TV.)  I'm thinking that they had a more hectic schedule during the early 60's, but I could be wrong.

Does anyone have any idea where James Carone is today, and if they do, could you ask him what he (or the person who typed) "Stroke of Luck" was smoking? (Let's just say if I copied a page out of the book, the grammatical and stylistic outrage it would produce would be mind-boggling!  ;)

Sunday
Larry: They’ll hang us for this!
Moe: I know! Let’s cremate him!
Larry: Can’t do that--we ain’t got no cream!

Offline garystooge

Does anyone know where the Stooges' made their last personal appearance?

The last appearance that is documented is a guest spot on the TV show "Truth or Consequences" in late 1969 ( I believe it was October....Brent has the exact taping date).

Are there any copies of their tour schedules over the years?

No, there aren't. I have bits & pieces of tour dates. Compiling a complete touring schedule is a project I've always planned to undertake when I retire and have the time to do the necessary research.

Does anyone have any idea where James Carone is today

James Carone died in the early1980's.

could you ask him what he (or the person who typed) "Stroke of Luck" was smoking?

I suspect he was smoking some of that primo hi-grade thai stick that was widely available back in the '70s.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Does anyone know where the Stooges' made their last personal appearance?

The last appearance that is documented is a guest spot on the TV show "Truth or Consequences" in late 1969 ( I believe it was October....Brent has the exact taping date).

October 27, 1969

ksmith610

Knowing that all the Stooges were Jews, I would love to know if they ever attended shul while taping, or regularly at all during their lives.  I've always considered the idea - and image - of Moses or Jerome Horwitz davening to be just too incongruous!  But God rest all their souls anyway!