The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Scene from A&C's Who Done It (1942)

Offline falsealarms

This scene has so many things working for it -

[youtube=600,480]9Cm-blfss64[/youtube]

Offline Boid Brain

This scene has so many things working for it -

[youtube=600,480]9Cm-blfss64[/youtube]

I recognize "Shorty" from a "Little Rascals" musical number where he danced and sang up a storm...I believe it was the one where Alfalfa dreamt that he was a slave to his contract, forced to sing "The barber of Seville" while slapping a razor strop. LOL

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I recognize "Shorty" from a "Little Rascals" musical number where he danced and sang up a storm...I believe it was the one where Alfalfa dreamt that he was a slave to his contract, forced to sing "The barber of Seville" while slapping a razor strop.

'Shorty' was played by Walter Tetley, who did not appear in any "Our Gang" shorts. Walter was primarily a voice actor, costarring on radio's THE GREAT GILDERSLEEVE and was the voice of 'Andy Panda' in that Universal/Lantz cartoon series. Babyboomers may recognize Tetley's voice as 'Mr. Peabody's Pet Boy Sherman' from ROCKY & BULLWINKLE.

Leonard Maltin & Dick Bann ID the actor you refer to [OUR GANG FOLLIES OF 1938] in their book The Little Rascals: The Life and Times of Our Gang as Philip MacMahon.

Offline Boid Brain

'Shorty' was played by Walter Tetley, who did not appear in any "Our Gang" shorts. Walter was primarily a voice actor, costarring on radio's THE GREAT GILDERSLEEVE and was the voice of 'Andy Panda' in that Universal/Lantz cartoon series. Babyboomers may recognize Tetley's voice as 'Mr. Peabody's Pet Boy Sherman' from ROCKY & BULLWINKLE.

Leonard Maltin & Dick Bann ID the actor you refer to [OUR GANG FOLLIES OF 1938] in their book The Little Rascals: The Life and Times of Our Gang as Philip MacMahon.
Thanks for the correction, and the info. ;)