Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Tell me that Cream is better than this

Offline Boid Brain

We had a discussion on Cream and the Hendricks Experience where I asserted that the music was thin, and in spite of the fact that there were 2 good singers there was no harmony.

Let me show you what a real 3 piece band can do with only 2 instuments...Shemps: you will hate this as it is cunt rock at it's finest!

You see, this is fucking music.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
The term is Clit Rock (c) and Cream is much better than Peter, Paul & Mary.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Boid Brain

The term is Clit Rock (c) and Cream is much better than Peter, Paul & Mary.
Clit Rock, OK....I guess it's fruitless to argue what appeals to a person musically. You like it or don't.

Offline garystooge

OMG, this is the most imaginative battle of the bands ever:

CREAM vs. PETER, PAUL & FAIRY

Of all the bands to stack up against Cream, you've chosen PP&M?  You might as well have given Cream a bye week! You've expressed your opinions about Cream (which are are valid because they are your opinions).  By the same token, my opinions about PP&M ( a group severely lacking in musicianship, songwriting ability and stage presence, excelling only in political activism for which I award no points) are equally valid.

So the answer to your question is yes, Cream is better than this.

Offline Boid Brain

OMG, this is the most imaginative battle of the bands ever:

CREAM vs. PETER, PAUL & FAIRY

Of all the bands to stack up against Cream, you've chosen PP&M?  You might as well have given Cream a bye week! You've expressed your opinions about Cream (which are are valid because they are your opinions).  By the same token, my opinions about PP&M ( a group severely lacking in musicianship, songwriting ability and stage presence, excelling only in political activism for which I award no points) are equally valid.

So the answer to your question is yes, Cream is better than this.
I just picked PP&M off the top of my head. Exept for Hendrix, I can't think of any trio worse than Cream. Now bear in mind that they had a song or 2 that I liked well enough, but they needed at least 1 more instrumet.

Dog Hambone

Oh my gosh, it didn't take ToidBrain any time at all to come up with another of his gems.

Remember, this is the same guy who thinks Katy Perry is the bomb (which probably has more to do with her being "nekkid" in that video than anything else).

Okay, I'll join in with everyone else and tell you that yes, Cream "is better than this", and I never heard anything by them that was "thin" instrumentally.

Offline Boid Brain

Oh my gosh, it didn't take ToidBrain any time at all to come up with another of his gems.

Remember, this is the same guy who thinks Katy Perry is the bomb (which probably has more to do with her being "nekkid" in that video than anything else).

Okay, I'll join in with everyone else and tell you that yes, Cream "is better than this", and I never heard anything by them that was "thin" instrumentally.

DOG:... First off, I don't think too much of Katy as a singer, and never said that she was good. I said it was a great song. I like the song more than her near nekkid ass too, which I also made no comment on.

As far as Cream being thin, they were. You may be confusing thin with LOUD, which they were.