Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The best damn dance scene ever

Offline Boid Brain

OK Liz, and Dunrobin, and you too Shemps#1...I'm getting tired of trying to educate you to stuff that is cool. But I'm gonna give it one more shot.

What do yall think is the best dance number ever in movies or videos?

Forget about Fred Astaire and Ginger..the Nicholas Bros could dance them to the ground. But I'm talking about a big dance number. No, Busby Berkly is not worthy in this category.

I our lifetime there was the dance number in Bye Bye Birdie with Ann Margret...very good number...and "Beat it" and "Thriller" had good stuff...but in between there was the best, sexiest dance number ever, choreagraphed by Bob Fosse... can U name it?

Now if after watching this number you ....never mind....keep your eyes on the Fox in the middle...OMG what a woman!

&feature=related If any Motherfucker comes back here and disputes me on this I will shit a brick and give up Stooges.net! Dunrobin: You don't like Kalifornia Gurls and grudgingly say that Mars is barely OK...don't blow ALL of your credibility by not liking this number.

I'm trying hard to bring all you Geezers into the 21st Century..but it's a bitch!

Edit: Yes, the black dancer is a young Ben Vereen.

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!
Laurel & Hardy were pretty good dancers.  Did you see that number they did in Way Out West?  That was pretty cool.

Also, I love Fred Astaire.  Mom and I watched him in Holiday Inn this Christmas, and, although he and Bing Crosby were jerks in the movie, he just tore up the floor!  Wasn't a bad singer, either.  And the dance number he did with Marjorie Reynolds on Valentine's Day was beautiful. 

I'm trying hard to bring all you Geezers into the 21st Century..but it's a bitch!
Yeah, um, dude?  You like the Three Stooges.
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline Boid Brain

Yes Liz, but Fred just did partner numbers. Well, I don't remember him ever dancing with a group....did you even watch Fosse's "Rich mans Frug" from Sweet Charity? If so, what did you think of it?

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Perhaps the choreographer should get a nod for the best damn dance scene ever ... and choosing very good damn dancers.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Dr. Hugo Gansamacher

I zing und dance rock und roll, but I am a much better zinger zan I am a dancer!  [3stooges]

Offline Smaug

Check this out -from 1941 (1979) you know, the Spielberg movie.

The "dancing" starts at 1:40, not sure about that Spanish voice, tho...

Offline RICO987

Also, I love Fred Astaire.  Mom and I watched him in Holiday Inn this Christmas, and, although he and Bing Crosby were jerks in the movie, he just tore up the floor!  Wasn't a bad singer, either.  And the dance number he did with Marjorie Reynolds on Valentine's Day was beautiful. 
Yeah, um, dude?  You like the Three Stooges.

Speaking of Fred Astaire, Astaire said this was the best choreographed dance scene he had ever seen.  It is only two dancers, but you might agree with Fred A after you watch this.  The dancing starts at 1:38, although Cab Calloway is always fun to watch too.  For those who have never heard of Calloway, or have heard about him but never seen him, this is part of what all the fuss is about.  One of the best pure entertainers of the 20th Century…

&feature=player_embedded

Dog Hambone

Speaking of Fred Astaire, Astaire said this was the best choreographed dance scene he had ever seen.  It is only two dancers, but you might agree with Fred A after you watch this.  The dancing starts at 1:38, although Cab Calloway is always fun to watch too.  For those who have never heard of Calloway, or have heard about him but never seen him, this is part of what all the fuss is about.  One of the best pure entertainers of the 20th Century…

[salame]

Thanks for posting that link. Cab Calloway is one of my all-time favorites. I can never get enough of him & his act. One of the all-time greats! My favorite song of his is "Reefer Man", although he doesn't have any that I don't like.

Dog Hambone

I'm getting tired of trying to educate you to stuff that is cool. But I'm gonna give it one more shot.

1- I'm more than a little uncertain how a movie dance routine from 1969 posted in a Three Stooges forum (mainly 1930s, 1940s, & 1950s) is supposed to bring anyone into the 21st century...

2- This Boid Brain guy likes girly videos and dance numbers. All he needs to do now is to mention that he likes show tunes & the suspicions about him being "light on his loafers" will be confirmed.

3- I don't know on which planet any of this stuff is "cool" but it ain't earth!

Dog Hambone

For those who have never heard of Calloway, or have heard about him but never seen him, this is part of what all the fuss is about.  One of the best pure entertainers of the 20th Century…

Since I mentioned the song "Reefer Man" earlier, I figured I might as well go ahead & post one of YouTube's videos of the song.  [cool2]
[youtube=425,350]D44pyeEvhcQ[/youtube]

Offline Liz

• Puddinhead
1- I'm more than a little uncertain how a movie dance routine from 1969 posted in a Three Stooges forum (mainly 1930s, 1940s, & 1950s) is supposed to bring anyone into the 21st century...

2- This Boid Brain guy likes girly videos and dance numbers. All he needs to do now is to mention that he likes show tunes & the suspicions about him being "light on his loafers" will be confirmed.

3- I don't know on which planet any of this stuff is "cool" but it ain't earth!

Thank you.

Also, Rico, after seeing that video, I do agree with Fred.  Pretty good dancing there!
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline Boid Brain

Thank you.

Also, Rico, after seeing that video, I do agree with Fred.  Pretty good dancing there!
I told you that the Nicholas Bros. were better than Astaire!

Offline Liz

• Puddinhead
I told you that the Nicholas Bros. were better than Astaire!
And we proved that that theory has been discredited.
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline Boid Brain

Offline Liz

• Puddinhead

Offline Boid Brain

By thinking logically.
OK Liz...one of us is crazy and I'm hoping it ain't me....the theme of this tread is a dance TROUP...you know, a group of dancers doing their number, not 2 damn dancers like Astaire and Rogers or even the Nicholas'....I submitted the video as THE BEST DANCE number I ever saw..I gave Busby Berkley a mention, and said that the Bros. would burn Fred DOWN.

Now, if you can find a better, sexier big dance number than Rich Mans Frug, I would sure like to see it!

BTW, LIZ...why do you never agree with me on anything? Can I be consummately wrong on everything? And why do you always agree with the MODS on everything? Are they consummately right on everything?

Offline Liz

• Puddinhead
OK Liz...one of us is crazy and I'm hoping it ain't me....the theme of this tread is a dance TROUP...you know, a group of dancers doing their number, not 2 damn dancers like Astaire and Rogers or even the Nicholas'....I submitted the video as THE BEST DANCE number I ever saw..I gave Busby Berkley a mention, and said that the Bros. would burn Fred DOWN.
Sorry, must've missed that.  And no one burns Fred down.

Now, if you can find a better, sexier big dance number than Rich Mans Frug, I would sure like to see it!
You sound like an immature gangster high school kid who grinds on 2 chicks (and maybe more) at Prom and Homecoming.  Now, see, when I was in high school (missing last year already), grinding was not my thing, so I'm not going to do that.

BTW, LIZ...why do you never agree with me on anything? Can I be consummately wrong on everything? And why do you always agree with the MODS on everything? Are they consummately right on everything?
Because Rob hit the nail right on the head - you are being arrogant and thinking your opinion is better than everyone else's.  We're not robots, man.  We're allowed to like what we want.  You have no right to "bring us into" anywhere, unless you're a cop and we do something illegal in your town/city, then you can bring us into jail.  

You know what?  You remind me of my sister.  She's always trying to "bring me into the 21st century."  And I keep telling her I want to be unique.  I want to be ME, and she just won't listen.  We ALL have a right to be unique and like anything we put our minds to and become what we want to be.  That's why God made us individual and unique and different.

So, all I have to say is, and I hope this knocks some sense into you:

Something's wrong with you, man.  You're all gray and blobby.  Not to mention jaded.

Think about it, man.  A 19-YEAR-OLD GIRL WITH AUTISM has more common sense than you.

IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline Boid Brain

Sorry, must've missed that.  And no one burns Fred down.
You sound like an immature gangster high school kid who grinds on 2 chicks (and maybe more) at Prom and Homecoming.  Now, see, when I was in high school (missing last year already), grinding was not my thing, so I'm not going to do that.
Because Rob hit the nail right on the head - you are being arrogant and thinking your opinion is better than everyone else's.  We're not robots, man.  We're allowed to like what we want.  You have no right to "bring us into" anywhere, unless you're a cop and we do something illegal in your town/city, then you can bring us into jail.  

You know what?  You remind me of my sister.  She's always trying to "bring me into the 21st century."  And I keep telling her I want to be unique.  I want to be ME, and she just won't listen.  We ALL have a right to be unique and like anything we put our minds to and become what we want to be.  That's why God made us individual and unique and different.

So, all I have to say is, and I hope this knocks some sense into you:

Something's wrong with you, man.  You're all gray and blobby.  Not to mention jaded.

Think about it, man.  A 19-YEAR-OLD GIRL WITH AUTISM has more common sense than you.

I don't know what grey and Blobby means, unless you mean hair color and body type. I certainly don't know what those things would have to do with my opinion on a dance number. But forget it. I'm done with it.

But if you like, you can go to facebook and type in "Carter Le Grand" (me) and see a picture of 'ol Blobby.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

[youtube=425,350]_8yGGtVKrD8[/youtube]

Fayard Nicholas, July 2005...

[attachment deleted by admin]