Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Three Stooges Journal # 136

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
The Three Stooges Journal # 136 (Winter 2010) is now available.

Subscribers will find...
 - Preliminary itinerary for the 2011 Fan Club Meeting
 - Frank Reighter's search & discovery of UNCIVIL WAR BIRDS (1946) costars
 - Interview with WAR BIRDS costar Maury Dexter
 - Part 2 chronicling the Stooges' 1942 personal appearance tour
 - Part 2 of unfilmed, scripted scenes for BEER BARREL POLECATS (1946)
 - Revisiting the music in the Stooges' short subjects
 - And the regular features, e.g., Obituaries, and biographical profiles of supporting players

Subscription information can be found on this site's Three Stooges Journal index, and at The Stoogeum's website.

Offline Rich Finegan

What a crazy cover picture! (Larry Fine in "Turn Back the Clock", 1933).
What kind of character were they trying to turn him into?
Any story or other info behind it?
Could there have been similar shots of Moe and Curly?

Offline garystooge

What a crazy cover picture! (Larry Fine in "Turn Back the Clock", 1933).
What kind of character were they trying to turn him into?
Any story or other info behind it?
Could there have been similar shots of Moe and Curly?

Don't know any of the background behind that shot, but since you asked if there were any similar shots with the other Stooges, check these out:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline garystooge

I found 2 more that I don't think anyone has seen before....check these out Rich.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I've only seen Turn Back the Clock once and that was a few years ago, so my memory of it is a little fuzzy, but I don't recall a scene with the Stooges looking like those pictures.  Have I just burnt out too many braincells over the years, or did the scene using that makeup get dropped from the final film?

Dog Hambone

I don't know where else to leave feedback, so I reckon I will use this thread.

The 2 articles on the supporting players in UNCIVIL WAR BIRDS by Jim Pauley & Frank Reighter were terrific. Having never been involved in any sort of movie-making, I enjoy reading the supporting actors' (in this case, Maury Dexter) recollections of what it was like working with the boys on the set.

Also, Gary Lassin's continuing articles on "The Three Stooges on Tour" are fascinating. I had no idea those guys worked half as hard as they did!

Offline garystooge

Also, Gary Lassin's continuing articles on "The Three Stooges on Tour" are fascinating. I had no idea those guys worked half as hard as they did!

Thanks Dog. I've learned a lot myself while researching this topic. Always knew the Stooges toured a lot, but figured it was for a couple weeks and then back home.  Had no idea that they were often on the road for 3 months at a time, doing 3,4,5 shows a day. And let's not forget, they weren't traveling around in a corporate jet either. Must have been grueling.  Have also been awed to discover the number of unpaid gigs and visits they made: at military bases, children's hospitals, charity events and the like.  These types of shows weren't advertised to the public so fans never heard about this aspect of their career.