Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Charlie Chaplin Blooper Reel

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
[youtube=425,350]2A_xERLt-2U[/youtube]

I don't much about Chaplin... are these from his Keystone, Mutual or Essanay films?

Offline metaldams

If nobody else responds, I'll let you know later tonight once I can look at youtube.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

I would say the vast majority, maybe even 100% of these outtakes, are Mutual.  The footage when he is on the boat is from THE IMMIGRANT, which is perhaps his most famous short film.  It's been a while, but I believe the pie fight stuff is from BEHIND THE SCREEN, and I know the footage towards the beginning where he's drunk and he's near a staircase is ONE A.M. because that's one of my favorites.  Another Mutual give away is that the big guy with the fake beard is Eric Campbell, who was Chaplin's heavy only in the Mutuals.  He died shortly after the Mutual series wrapped up in an auto accident.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

..when I say big guy with the fake beard, I mean at 3:52, not the guy on the boat from THE IMMIGRANT.

Eric Campbell was definitely Chaplin's Vernon Dent in 1916 and 1917.  Had he lived longer, perhaps he would've been a Roach or Columbia guy. 
- Doug Sarnecky