Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Katy Perry

Offline Boid Brain

I never heard of this chick 'till 5 mos. ago, and still, if you hit the letter K she will come right up on You Tube...It is a great song...better that the beach Boys...watch and enjoy.
5 months at the top of You Tube...amazing!

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Are you fucking kidding me? According to you Hendrix and Cream are awful: but then you come up with this shit saying it's better than the Beach Boys? I hope you are joking.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Here is a much better version.

[youtube=425,350]9WZGyzz5O-U[/youtube]
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Boid Brain

Are you fucking kidding me? According to you Hendrix and Cream are awful: but then you come up with this shit saying it's better than the Beach Boys? I hope you are joking.
No joke: I prefer this song to California Girls by the boys...of course, I have heard their song for 35 years and have had enough of it....and Cream was not awful, just too thin instrumentally.

Offline metaldams

Musically, she's a typical auto-tuned vocal diva who lacks any real talent.

Physically, I like her better than Brian Wilson, both the Beach Boy and the relief pitcher.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Curly4444

Musically, she's a typical auto-tuned vocal diva who lacks any real talent.

Speaking of no talent, next he'll be telling us he thinks Brittney Spears is just the best singer ever. ::)

Offline metaldams

Another thing I want to bring up in this video is Snoop Dog.  This guy has had a successful career for almost 20 years, but he only has one true talent I can see.....promoting himself.

Yes, musically, this Katy Perry video is awful, but I also think she's incredibly beautiful, so I can't totally knock Boid Brain for posting it.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Since I don't listen to music with my dick she is awful. Not "awful" in the way that sets her apart but "awful" in the way that there is nothing original there. If you like today's pop music (why would you?) you would probably like this song; I however do not like today's pop music (or any of today's music for that matter).

Offline metaldams

Since I don't listen to music with my dick she is awful. Not "awful" in the way that sets her apart but "awful" in the way that there is nothing original there. If you like today's pop music (why would you?) you would probably like this song; I however do not like today's pop music (or any of today's music for that matter).

I don't listen to music with my dick either, hence I've never bought anything of her's, or ever will.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Curly4444

(or any of today's music for that matter).

What about 3 doors down, Dave Matthews band, Cold Play, Goo Goo Dolls, Green Day, Alice in Chains, John Mayer etc...

Offline Boid Brain

What about 3 doors down, Dave Matthews band, Cold Play, Goo Goo Dolls, Green Day, Alice in Chains, John Mayer etc...
Exept for Mathews, you can keep those acts. (And Dave has never had a hit as far as I know) Obviously Katy is no Mariah. And it's a fucking novelty song and video for chrissakes! Anybody that does not find that video pleasing and the song catchy is a fucking Fuddy-Duddy!

As far as that fucker Snoop Diggity Dog: why single him out as a talentless rapper? Name ONE with talent. >:(

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Quad 4's: A big no on all of those acts, and most of those are considered "old" anyway. The most recent acts I like would be groups like Smashing Pumpkins or Soundgarden...groups like that from the 90's that I grew up with.

Boid, you contradict yourself. I realize you are speaking facetiously (at least I hope so) by broadstroking everyone that does not like the Katy Perry song a "fuddy-duddy" (and I'll gladly wear that handle as that song SUCKS) but then you call all rap artists "talentless".

If you do not like rap music fine: BUT as someone who does not like rap you are not qualified to make such an assertion. For instance, I absolutely LOATHE all Broadway style musicals and showtunes. I cannot watch a musical or listen to a showtune without wanting to put my head through a wall. I believe that whole genre is garbage so how would I be able to tell what constitutes a good Broadway musical or showtune? Same goes with Opera, Christian Rock and few other select musical genres that I absolutely do not like at all.

Offline FineBari3

I absolutely LOATHE all Broadway style musicals and showtunes. I cannot watch a musical or listen to a showtune without wanting to put my head through a wall. I believe that whole genre is garbage so how would I be able to tell what constitutes a good Broadway musical or showtune? Same goes with Opera, Christian Rock and few other select musical genres that I absolutely do not like at all.

THAT was one helluva rant there!

As for Katy Perry, the only time I heard of her was when she was some sort of guest singer for something The Who did in the 1990's...and I was terribly unimpressed.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline metaldams

She's an incredibly beautiful girl and is exploiting those looks to sell music.  Period.  She's just like any other pop diva today, it's just that I happen to think she's one of the better looking ones.  If she were ugly, nobody would buy this tripe. 

Curly4444, you do realize the majority of those "newer" bands you mentioned are about 15 - 20 years old, right?  Of those bands, I like Alice in Chains and would probably like Smashing Pumpkins more if I could get around Billy Corgan's vocals.  Those other artists?  No thanks.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
THAT was one helluva rant there!

LOL well it's true!  :P I am not the biggest fan of rap but I do like some of it and can tell the difference between an Ice-T and a Souja Boy (or however he spells it). I was especially a fan of Gangsta Rap as a teenager not because I'm from the "hood" or anything like that but could relate to the raw anger that came from that particular genre. I wouldn't however be able to tell the difference between Luciano Pavarotti and some run of the mill Opera singer because they all sound equally horrible to me. Same goes for the cast of that obnoxiously terrible show Glee. Christian Rock might not have been a good example to use because I can compare it to its secular counterpart and every aspect falls way short.

Offline Curly4444

Curly4444, you do realize the majority of those "newer" bands you mentioned are about 15 - 20 years old, right?  

Yeah, i know. I didn't mean them as right now new, just today's music as in some what new. I guess im out of the loop. I mainly listen to old stuff right now. I do like a few of TODAY's pops songs and some country artist though.

As for rap, i wouldn't say those artist are talentless. It takes a lot to be able to give those performances.

I just don't really consider rap music, so i would call rap artists performers, not musicians.

Offline Boid Brain

Quad 4's: A big no on all of those acts, and most of those are considered "old" anyway. The most recent acts I like would be groups like Smashing Pumpkins or Soundgarden...groups like that from the 90's that I grew up with.

Boid, you contradict yourself. I realize you are speaking facetiously (at least I hope so) by broadstroking everyone that does not like the Katy Perry song a "fuddy-duddy" (and I'll gladly wear that handle as that song SUCKS) but then you call all rap artists "talentless".

If you do not like rap music fine: BUT as someone who does not like rap you are not qualified to make such an assertion. For instance, I absolutely LOATHE all Broadway style musicals and showtunes. I cannot watch a musical or listen to a showtune without wanting to put my head through a wall. I believe that whole genre is garbage so how would I be able to tell what constitutes a good Broadway musical or showtune? Same goes with Opera, Christian Rock and few other select musical genres that I absolutely do not like at all.
Name me some Rap artist's that can play an instrument, sing well or even READ music! I'm talking about pure rappers and not singers that lapse into a rap interlude like Usher or Prince. As far as Christian Rock: Mike and the Mechanics "In the Living Years" was just such a song, and it was a DAMN good song. Broadway song: "Some enchanted Evening" from South Pacific was excellent , so how can you dismiss that entire genre as well?

Classical: The William Tell Overture, the haunting "Hungarian Rhapsody" (Dracula's theme) or Chopin's Polonaise...you dismiss them because you don't like Mozart or Vogner?

And I don't hate all Rap...Digital Underground's 'Humpty hump' was clever and funny, Tone Loc's "Funky Cold Madina' was OK and that fat, no singing Biz Markey "You got What I need" was so BAD that it was good! But these songs are 20 yrs old. Since then it's all hate and killing and Biotch demeaning filth.

Offline Curly4444

Is Salt-N-Pepper a rap group? Or is that R&B? I loved that "push it" song of theirs for obvious reasons.  >:D

Dog Hambone

I never heard of this chick 'till 5 mos. ago, and still, if you hit the letter K she will come right up on You Tube...It is a great song...better that the beach Boys...watch and enjoy...5 months at the top of You Tube...amazing!

I had never heard of her until you started this thread. Unfortunately, now I have. That was beyond awful! Just another entry on an overly long list of eye candy/ear candy pop schlock.

The parody was better by far.

Boid, you oughta go back to your Joe Namath sports trivia.     

Offline metaldams

Before this thread, I've seen clips of her on TV, and until doing the research, never realized she did the "I Kissed a Girl" song or whatever it's called.  Terrible song.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Rich Finegan

Classical: The haunting "Hungarian Rhapsody" (Dracula's theme)
If you mean the tune played for the opening titles & credits of the 1931 Universal movie version of Dracula (and a few other Universal Pictures of the period), that's actually "Swan Lake", not "Hungarian Rhapsody".

Offline hiramhorwitz

I don't listen to music with my dick either, hence I've never bought anything of her's, or ever will.
Yeah, I know what you mean.  On a similar front, I don't like to copulate with my ears.  Causes too much ringing.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Read my post again Boid and do not put words in my mouth. Where did I say I do not like Classical music? It looks like I never said that because I never would say that! You do realize that "Opera" and "Classical" are two different words and two different genres, right? Try to keep up because I am not in the mood for bullshit semantics nor am I in the mood to constantly repeat myself on something that should be very fucking clear. How you made the jump from Opera to Classical is way beyond me.

I can dismiss Broadway and Christian Rock just as you can dismiss rap: I don't fucking like them. Comprehend? With that said I realize these are not my genres and cannot tell the "talented" ones from....fuck this.

Am I really trying to defend my stance from a man who honestly thinks Katy Perry is better than the Beach Boys? What do you know?

Offline metaldams

On a similar front, I don't like to copulate with my ears.  Causes too much ringing.

I guess you're not into aural sex like I am.

- Doug Sarnecky