Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Shemp-centric?

Offline Dr. Hugo Gansamacher

Before I read this thread, I had no idea that there were so many Shemp fans out there. To take one's enthusiasm for Shemp to the extent of denigrating Curly seems to me excessive, though.

The subject of female Stooge fans who prefer Shemp to Curly reminds me of a conversation in which one participant was a female Stooge fan. I remarked that, as much as I enjoy Curly's antics, I prefer Shemp overall, because, I said half-facetiously, he brings a certain "suave touch" to the act. The female Stooge fan nodded solemnly and said, with a totally straight face, "Shemp makes me HOT." I think I laughed out loud. The recollection still makes me chuckle.

Hey mutton Heads , can anyone please tell me in which episode SHEMP says " A HEY, A HO, A GIMME PIECE O' PFT, EEP EEP!!!!" I just love when he says that and wanted to record him saying that and put it on my alarm clock. I now have him sayin ' OOH A BEE BOPPER EH? DIG THAT CRRRRAZY BOPPER NAME....EEEP EEEP EEEP... COOL MAN- REAL GEORGE! EEP! EEP! GIMME SOME SKIN! GIMME SOME SKIN!" .  I just wanted to tell everyone who reads this how COOL I think this site is and how GREAT it is to be able to share a PASSION of mine with the world and NOT be made to feel like an uncivilized lover of " low" comedy. THANKS ALL!!!!

That would be Spooks.

To me, the hilarity of Shemp's riff on "Charles B. Bopper" is topped by Moe's sourpussed response: as if outraged by such an extravagant solo performance, Moe picks up a pen from the desk and flings at Shemp's nose, into which it sticks like a dart. Shemp then howls in pain, which was another of his comic strong points, in my estimation.

Offline Boid Brain

Before I read this thread, I had no idea that there were so many Shemp fans out there. To take one's enthusiasm for Shemp to the extent of denigrating Curly seems to me excessive, though.

The subject of female Stooge fans who prefer Shemp to Curly reminds me of a conversation in which one participant was a female Stooge fan. I remarked that, as much as I enjoy Curly's antics, I prefer Shemp overall, because, I said half-facetiously, he brings a certain "suave touch" to the act. The female Stooge fan nodded solemnly and said, with a totally straight face, "Shemp makes me HOT." I think I laughed out loud. The recollection still makes me chuckle.

That would be Spooks.

To me, the hilarity of Shemp's riff on "Charles B. Bopper" is topped by Moe's sourpussed response: as if outraged by such an extravagant solo performance, Moe picks up a pen from the desk and flings at Shemp's nose, into which it sticks like a dart. Shemp then howls in pain, which was another of his comic strong points, in my estimation.
I must be getting old, because that scene rings no bell for me! [cry]

Offline Dr. Hugo Gansamacher

I must be getting old, because that scene rings no bell for me! [cry]
Oh, ignorant, eh?

Yesterday I saw that a co-worker had an official-looking Three Stooges calendar for 2011. I looked thru it and saw a couple pages with Shemp and one (surprisingly) with Curly-Joe. (No Joe, but hey... he wasn't around very long.)

This led to a discussion wherein the co-worker said "For me the Three Stooges are Moe, Larry and Curly. Period. No Shemp, no Curly-Joe." I had to be honest: "Well, in my house, Shemp is the favorite. I'm with you on 'no Curly-Joe,' though."

I decided not to drag Joe (whom I would have wanted to defend) into the discussion. No good could have come from it.
"Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day." -- Samuel Goldwyn

The people who have your best interests at heart...
...are generally not the ones telling you whatever you want to hear.