Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Looney Tunes "Now Showing"

Offline metaldams

ALL THIS AND RABBIT STEW!  Had that one on a public domain tape when I was a beardless lad in the single digits.  Even at that age, I knew I wasn't seeing that one on TV.

Great thread, guys. I'm going to have to watch some of these tomorrow morning.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline FineBari3

One of my favorite Looney Tunes:

[youtube=425,350]dLdKU4JCYqg[/youtube]
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Curly4444

I've always been a fan of the Bugs Bunny/Yosemite Sam match-ups.  Here is my all-time favorite Looney Tunes cartoon.  It's From Hare to Heir (1960).

Your kidding right?? Naw, this is the best Bugs Bunny/Yosemite Sam match-up:

[youtube=425,350]fUVrCqW2Qn0[/youtube]

"I'm a Hessian, without no-o-o-o aggression! If you can't beat 'em, join 'em".

Offline Hammond Eggar

Picking the best Bugs/Sam match-up is like asking a parent to pick his or her favorite child.  They're all good.  That said, From Hare to Heir just squeezes by to the top spot for me.  Sam's over-the-top fake cursing helps sell it for me.  Everything's so off-the-wall. 
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline Curly4444

One of my favorites - Three Little Bops. It's on volume 2 of the Golden Collections too, thankfully.

Its a different take on the whole three little pigs story, but i like this one better. I hope this is on the golden collection.

[youtube=425,350]Nh11A41klL4[/youtube]

This ones the funniest!! Who's up for making Tex a God??

[youtube=425,350]s_AH6Wl2b4g[/youtube]

Offline Stooges#1

^ Pigs in a Polka is on Volume 3 of the GC's.  [cool] Disc 3 to be precise, titled "Porky and the Pigs".

Just a heads up for those who might be unaware. Jerry Beck will be on Stu Shokus show on August 10, the day of the first wave of the Super Stars releases. I'm willing to bet that he'll be discussing Looney Tunes (and future SS's DVD's) in depth.

Offline Curly4444

^ Pigs in a Polka is on Volume 3 of the GC's.  [cool] Disc 3 to be precise, titled "Porky and the Pigs".

Just a heads up for those who might be unaware. Jerry Beck will be on Stu Shokus show on August 10, the day of the first wave of the Super Stars releases. I'm willing to bet that he'll be discussing Looney Tunes (and future SS's DVD's) in depth.

Where do you go to see/hear this??

Offline Curly4444

Brand New Roadrunner & Coyote Episode Clip

[youtube=425,350]HjZIeHDfshQ[/youtube]

Seen with the new move cats & Dog: The Revenge of kitty galore

Offline Blystone

Brand New Roadrunner & Coyote Episode Clip

I'm biting my tongue hard, trying not to go into a rant about how much I despise computer animation. It's okay— sort of— if the characters are new ones, but why can't these twits leave the classics alone? Chuck Jones valued dynamic drawing above all else, and he would be have been horrified by this treatment of his characters.
[angry9]

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QFPdaXnTqcY&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/QFPdaXnTqcY&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;fs=1</a>

Offline Curly4444

Probable so, but the grim reality is everything is digital these days. I'm just happy to see these characters still living on. Would have been nice to see it look like the art seen in  a later Hayao Miyazaki picture. But i guess that would have been too expensive?

Offline Curly4444

Get ready to flip out again blystone!!!  :D

[youtube=425,350]hJP6RNoiZhQ[/youtube]

Offline Blystone

Get ready to flip out again blystone!!!  :D

I already saw this one, it was on Cartoon Brew. The board there got about a hundred comments on it, and most of them were thumbs-down. So I rest my case.

Offline Curly4444

These three aren't on the Golden collection, hope they'll be on the new series!!! So dam funny.
  Un Canino en Discordia=Mutt in a rutt

[youtube=425,350]W7EooKNTOig[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]jis5YpI4LII[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]juDhcFBuu4o[/youtube]

Offline Stooges#1

Well everyone, the first wave of Super Stars DVD's (Bugs and Daffy) is causing a heap of controversy on an animated forum I visit. 20 of the 30 shorts are in widescreen instead of full-frame.

Jerry Beck is on Stu's show now (I'm not listening in, but getting updates from this forum). The next wave is apparently out November 30th, and will be Sylvester & Tweety and Foghorn Leghorn. Some people are writing that the Sylvester and Tweety Disc is going to be all double-dip.  ::)

So far with the widescreen + double-dip of this next disc it looks like this has been a complete disaster. Apparently these were going to be intended for collectors, but seems like they wont be. I cancelled my pre-order and might end up waiting to see if more news comes. If news comes later that the Sylvester/Tweety disc will end up being all new to dvd then I'll reconsider this series.

Edit: This is the latest update from Stu's show.

CONFIRMED: The DVDs were done in the family unit of WHV.

So I guess that explains it.

Offline Curly4444

Well everyone, the first wave of Super Stars DVD's (Bugs and Daffy) is causing a heap of controversy on an animated forum I visit. 20 of the 30 shorts are in widescreen instead of full-frame.

Jerry Beck is on Stu's show now (I'm not listening in, but getting updates from this forum). The next wave is apparently out November 30th, and will be Sylvester & Tweety and Foghorn Leghorn. Some people are writing that the Sylvester and Tweety Disc is going to be all double-dip.  ::)

So far with the widescreen + double-dip of this next disc it looks like this has been a complete disaster. Apparently these were going to be intended for collectors, but seems like they wont be. I cancelled my pre-order and might end up waiting to see if more news comes. If news comes later that the Sylvester/Tweety disc will end up being all new to dvd then I'll reconsider this series.

Edit: This is the latest update from Stu's show.

So I guess that explains it.

CONFIRMED: The DVDs were done in the family unit of WHV.
??????

Im getting them, so ill let you know if some are in widescreen. I did you research, and it said there in standard format preserving the original theater expedition. Classic flix listed the dvds as full screen. As for the Sylvester/Tweety and foghorn leghorn, id wait for the facts. Dont know how these people would know so soon what the episodes are. Plus why would WB do that anyway wouldn't make sense. Since there's only 15 shorts a disc, all new episodes is there selling point.

Offline Stooges#1

??????

Im getting the, so ill let you know if some are in widecreen. I did you research, and it said there in standard format preserving the original theater expedition. Classic flix listed the dvds as full screen. As for the Sylvester/Tweety and foghorn leghorn, id wait for the facts. Dont know how these people would know so soon what the episodes are. Plus why would WB do that anyway wouldn't make sense. Since there's only 15 shorts a disc, all new episodes is there selling point.

People who have already got the sets have said some are in widescreen, unfortunately. As for the Sylvester/Tweety being double-dip that comes from people listening to Jerry Beck on Stu's show.

Offline Curly4444

People who have already got the sets have said some are in widescreen, unfortunately. As for the Sylvester/Tweety being double-dip that comes from people listening to Jerry Beck on Stu's show.

Man, I hope that Sylvester/Tweety being double-dip thing isnt true. I just ordered all the golden collections, and was looking forward to collecting other new un-released shorts.

Offline Stooges#1

Man, I hope that Sylvester/Tweety being double-dip thing isnt true. I just ordered all the golden collections, and was looking forward to collecting other new un-released shorts.

That makes (at least) two of us.

I'm happy just to own the Golden Collections at this point. I cancelled my pre-order until concrete news about the next sets is available. From what I've read the "collector" sets might end up being available through Warner Achives so these Super Stars sets are only for the average joes (or whatever the correct term is). This is all so confusing.

Offline Curly4444

That makes (at least) two of us.

I'm happy just to own the Golden Collections at this point. I canceled my pre-order until concrete news about the next sets is available. From what I've read the "collector" sets might end up being available through Warner Archives so these Super Stars sets are only for the average joes (or whatever the correct term is). This is all so confusing.

Yeah, but the Warner Archives stuff comes on DVD-r's. I'm not shelling out cash for that rubbish. If i wanted that, i could transfer some of VHS collection to DVD. What i don't get is the bugs bunny, daffy duck, and  the future foghorn leghorn set, are all new to DVD. So why the hell is Tweety & Sylvester getting the shaft. I mean there alot of peoples favorite. They can still appeal to the average joe, and at the same time give us collectors new stuff. I think there's like 26 Tweety & Sylvester stuff they could choose from.

Maybe they still have time to change it when they hear how pissed ppl are?? I mean it doesn't come our until nov. 30th.

Offline Stooges#1

Yeah, but the Warner Archives stuff comes on DVD-r's. I'm not shelling out cash for that rubbish. If i wanted that, i could transfer some of VHS collection to DVD. What i don't get is the bugs bunny, daffy duck, and  the future foghorn leghorn set, are all new to DVD. So why the hell is Tweety & Sylvester getting the shaft. I mean there alot of peoples favorite. They can still appeal to the average joe, and at the same time give us collectors new stuff. I think there's like 26 Tweety & Sylvester stuff they could choose from.

Maybe they still have time to change it when they hear how pissed ppl are?? I mean it doesn't come our until nov. 30th.

They definitely do have time.

Of all the articles I have read about these sets (dating back to last November, yep that's right, this series was 10 months in the making), they always used the term "no duplicates". These were first announced for an April 27th release date, then August 10th, part of the reason I think for the delay was to set up another 2 sets for the end of the year. If they needed all that time then we'd appreciate it if it was done right.

Daffy, Bugs and Foghorn are great since they're new to dvd, so it seems weird that Sylvester and Tweety isn't. Why would they go to the trouble (or lack of) of doing that?

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Someone produced a live-action fanfilm tribute to the Road Runner; funny...

[youtube=425,350]ZQ5p9WttVhE[/youtube]

Offline Curly4444

That was great B.A, a very cleaver and funny short.