Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Leslie Nielsen, 1926 - 2010

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Actor Leslie Nielsen has died. He was 84.

[youtube=425,350]lpz9ixFPzj0[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]A_3rJqHWYjs[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]qwQkakO6vM8[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]8y4crGU7dkg[/youtube]

Offline metaldams

First Ms. Anita Hug, now this!

Leslie Nielsen was great.  I know he had a long and varied career, but aside from N.Y.U.K., I knew and enjoyed him most in the NAKED GUN movies.  May his work live on.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline ProfessorStooge

Offline Curly4444

Man, this f-in sucks. I loved this guy, so dam funny. Dam, no more naked gun movies.

[youtube=425,350]0A5t5_O8hdA[/youtube]

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
OJ kinda killed the Naked Gun movies, but I understand your sentiment. I was surprised at how old Leslie was, he really carried his age well.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!
I can't believe he's dead...he played Dracula in Dracula:  Dead and Loving It!  He was terrific.  May he rest in peace.
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline archiezappa

He will be missed.  I loved his stuff.  My faves being:  "Police Squad" (tv series), "Dracula: Dead And Loving It" and "Spy Hard."  Great stuff.  May he rest in peace.

Offline FineBari3

I really enjoyed his 'Ring-Banger' role on one M*A*S*H* episode.

I bet the people in their 20's are sad because they remember him from their early Stooge experiences on NYUK.

RIP.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Rich Finegan

Does anyone know how to find copies of his 1961 - 1962 TV series "The New Breed"?

Offline Justin T

Very sad news, Airplane! and the Naked Gun movies were movies
I watchd over and over again when I was growing up.

"Surely you can't be serious."
"I am serious, and don't call me Shirley."

Farewell Mr Nielsen, we'll miss you.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
It is possible to find some Stooges trivia in this. First, watch this video clip from Leslie Nielsen's THE NAKED GUN (1988)...

[youtube=425,350]3oEA6zK_8u8[/youtube]

Who played Ayatollah Khomeini? That was artist, and part-time character actor, Charles Gherard. Charles is married to Stooges costar Beverly Warren, of THREE LOAN WOLVES (1946). Charles reprised the role in BACK TO THE FUTURE II (1989).

Beverly and Charles were guests of the 2003 Three Stooges Fan Club Meeting, in Ft. Washington PA... along with Lindsey, LaVerne & Betty of GENTS WITHOUT CENTS (1944).

2008 pic below, (l-r)... Brent Seguine (me), Frank Reighter, Beverly Warren, Jim Pauley, and (front) Charles Gherard.

[attachment deleted by admin]