Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Ted Healy finds

Offline falsealarms

If anyone is interested in solo Healy and has a Big Lots nearby, you might want to check them out. I found a Warner 2 pack at a Big Lots tonight that had HOLLYWOOD HOTEL and VARSITY SHOW. The 2 pack was $6 total, so quite a steal. Amazon and WBshop have them for $17-18 each. My Big Lots only had one set, so your luck may vary. You never know if you'll strike out or hit a homer at that place. But it's worth a whirl if it's close enough to you.

Offline Seamus

Speaking of solo Healy, I got to see Ted play a comic relief newspaper reporter a couple weeks ago in MAD LOVE (aka THE HANDS OF ORLAC) with Peter Lorre.  He did a fine job, especially in his comedy scene with Lorre's housemaid.

Offline falsealarms

I was surprised just how good Healy was in HOLLYWOOD HOTEL... probably the best I've seen him. I'm in the midst of watching VARSITY SHOW and he's good in that as well. It was the first time I had seen him in anything without the Stooges, but he impressed in those two supporting roles. He never did anything for me in his Stooge roles.

I'll have to file MAD LOVE away for down the road.

Offline Seamus

Yeah, MAD LOVE is a fun watch.  Between Ted Healy and this....

...there's plenty to keep you amused.