Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

What do Joe Namath....

Offline Boid Brain

What do Joe Namath, Stan Musial, Jim Thorp and Hershel Walker all have in common?

All being great sports Stars, of course has something to do with the answer.

Offline metaldams

They've never been in my kitchen.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Boid Brain

They've never been in my kitchen.
I'll take that as total dissenterest in the question.  [cry]

Offline metaldams

I'll take that as total dissenterest in the question.  [cry]

No, actually, it's

1.) I have no clue, so I'm handing it off to someone else, and
2.) If you saw the episode of Cheers with Cliff Clavin on Jeopardy, you'd get the reference
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Boid Brain

No, actually, it's

1.) I have no clue, so I'm handing it off to someone else, and
2.) If you saw the episode of Cheers with Cliff Clavin on Jeopardy, you'd get the reference
Sadly, that episode came after I stopped watching the show regularly. I'm surprised that you don't see the correlation, especially with Thorp and Walker.

Offline FineBari3

Sadly, that episode came after I stopped watching the show regularly. I'm surprised that you don't see the correlation, especially with Thorp and Walker.

Three of them were born in Pennsylvania.....
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline metaldams

I'm a total baseball dork, but I'm not that good on other sports.  My other levels of dorkdom lie in music and classic movies.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Boid Brain

But there are 5, not just 3.....so that ain't right....c'mon, somebody must get this one....one  clue: The correlation is that all 5 where at the beginning of something.

Offline FineBari3

But there are 5, not just 3.....so that ain't right....c'mon, somebody must get this one....one  clue: The correlation is that all 5 where at the beginning of something.

I was just being silly!   [pie]

I'm dyin' to know the answer....
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline Boid Brain

I was just being silly!   [pie]

I'm dyin' to know the answer....
Well, as you are no good to me dead, I will spill it: They were the crown Jewels of fledgling leagues. Thorpe the NFL, Walker the USFL, Joe AFL and Stan WAS to be the Jewel of the Mexican League. His name was used to lure investors. They offered him ridicules money, and he was tempted. In spite of the fact he didn't make DiMag. or Williams like money, he passed on the offer.

Jim Thorpe was the biggest thing the sports world had ever seen up to that time. Preceding Dempsey, Ruth and Tilden. When his football team (the NY Giants I think) came to town the whole town turned out.

I think the AFL makes it without Broadway Joe but it was nice to have him.

I don't know very much about the USFL and Hershel....I never watched a game.

Offline middlenamewayne

Somehow that sounds like a joke WC Fields would tell...

Question: What do the following four people have in common (insert names)?
Answer: Three of them were born in Philadelphia!

-- mnw

PS: Researchers have announced that there is no truth to the rumor that after their respective careers working with the Stooges, director Charley Chase and "fourth banana" Freddy Sanborn pooled their resources and founded a coffee empire!

Offline FineBari3

Somehow that sounds like a joke WC Fields would tell...

Question: What do the following four people have in common (insert names)?
Answer: Three of them were born in Philadelphia!

-- mnw

YES! 

Actually, I was being serious....

Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline Boid Brain

Unreal....a topic concerning the greatest athlete ever and you shitheads go off into a silly tangent! Talk about Thorp and Namath! (if you ever heard of them)

Offline FineBari3

Unreal....a topic concerning the greatest athlete ever and you shitheads go off into a silly tangent! Talk about Thorp and Namath! (if you ever heard of them)

Hey shithead.....

I was going to correct you before, but I didn't, because I am a nice person. When you call me a shithead, I will point out that YOU SPELLED JIM THORPE'S NAME WRONG THIS WHOLE THREAD!!!!!

Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline middlenamewayne

Talk about Thorp and Namath! (if you ever heard of them)

I have this amazingly out-there shirt -- the pattern is an enlarged photo of dewy grass on silky-shiny polyester with wide lapels. The best thing about it is the label, though -- it's an authentic 1970s shirt from Arrow's Joe Namath line!!!

As far as the other guy, I've never really read his comic strip...

- mnw

Offline Boid Brain

Hey shithead.....

I was going to correct you before, but I didn't, because I am a nice person. When you call me a shithead, I will point out that YOU SPELLED JIM THORPE'S NAME WRONG THIS WHOLE THREAD!!!!!

Yep...I misspelled the shit out of Thorpe [3stooges]

Sorry to get insulting, Middlename, but at the mere mention of the word "Pensylvania" you hyjacked the thread. Just pissed me off a little.

Offline middlenamewayne

Sorry to get insulting, Middlename, but at the mere mention of the word "Pensylvania" you hyjacked the thread.

I wasn't the first person to mention that state, but it's just as well, since I don't really see where you allegedly insulted me.

-- mnw

Offline Boid Brain

I wasn't the first person to mention that state, but it's just as well, since I don't really see where you allegedly insulted me.

-- mnw
Cool and the gang....I can see that there is little interest around here on sports.

Dog Hambone

....I can see that there is little interest around here on sports.

I can only respond for myself, of course, but if I'm thinking about or wanting to discuss sports, there are plenty of sports related websites to visit. And I wouldn't consider visiting a sports website if I wanted to read about the Three Stooges or other comedians of their era.       

Offline Boid Brain

I can only respond for myself, of course, but if I'm thinking about or wanting to discuss sports, there are plenty of sports related websites to visit. And I wouldn't consider visiting a sports website if I wanted to read about the Three Stooges or other comedians of their era.       
True that....I won't be posting any more sports trivia exept on the baseball thread.

Offline stooge1029

Can you at least tell us  the answer first. Im stumped.

Offline Boid Brain

Can you at least tell us  the answer first. Im stumped.
I gave the answer already on page 1...they were all center pieces for fledgling leagues.