Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Who am I?

Offline Boid Brain

I was a hugely successful comedian on the radio, movies and T.V. Nobody knows exactly when I was born, but I died about 17 years ago in my 80's.

I had a distinctive physical characteristic, but I can't tell you what is was. I was married a bunch of times as I fairly drove my wives crazy with my bullshit. I had one wife that I kept as my manager for 20 years after the divorce so I could keep tappin' that ass. You can imagine how the subsequent wives felt about that!

I was not an alcoholic, but it was not for lack of trying. After losing one of my kids I was fucked up for years. It didn't help when that kid's mother blew her brains out on an anniversary of his death. I used to climb the big tree in my front yard with a shotgun and a quart of booze and stay perched there ALL NITE.

I distrusted all of my writers and would have them fired at the drop of a hat, even if they had been with me for 10 years and were friends. Like Desi Arnez, I was a bit of an innovator in T.V., and I was known to have the filthiest dress rehearsals in the business. I mean no holds barred cursing and ass squeezing!

How all this shit was not made public back then is a secret I took to the grave. The public loved me 'till the day I died.

Now, who in the fuck AM I?

Offline metaldams

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
My first thought was Milton Berle (due to his huge cock and being difficult to work with), but he only died about 8 years ago.

Edit: I think I figured it out, but I never heard of Red Skelton climbing trees with a shotgun.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Boid Brain

My first thought was Milton Berle (due to his huge cock and being difficult to work with), but he only died about 8 years ago.

Edit: I think I figured it out, but I never heard of Red Skelton climbing trees with a shotgun.
Fuck me! I gave you too many clues! You Stooge lovers know a lotta stuff.  I was all ready to give more clues, Like that damn Shemp referencing me as "Red Skeleton" in that P.O.S. about the ghost knight.

That shit about me in the tree was spilled by Groucho's kid Artie in his bio on me. The little cocksucker never could keep a secret! Oh well, good job Shemps #1. BTW, just curious...which clue cracked it for you?

Offline metaldams

Same here, and for all the same reasons.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Fuck me! I gave you too many clues! You Stooge lovers know a lotta stuff.  I was all ready to give more clues, Like that damn Shemp referencing me as "Red Skeleton" in that P.O.S. about the ghost knight.

That shit about me in the tree was spilled by Groucho's kid Artie in his bio on me. The little cocksucker never could keep a secret! Oh well, good job Shemps #1. BTW, just curious...which clue cracked it for you?

The losing a son and ex wife killing herself.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Curly4444

Why not think of someone else to guess?

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Ok, since I guessed right I'll go.

Here are your clues:

1. I was always getting in trouble with the law.

2. I died of a drug overdose.

3. I was one of the celebrities featured on the cover of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

If no one guesses correctly I will release more clues.

Offline metaldams

Ok, since I guessed right I'll go.

Here are your clues:

1. I was always getting in trouble with the law.

2. I died of a drug overdose.

3. I was one of the celebrities featured on the cover of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

If no one guesses correctly I will release more clues.

Lenny Bruce
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Correct. Your turn.

My other clues would have been:

4. I wrote a book released by Playboy Publishing

5. I have influenced the likes of George Carlin and Howard Stern

6. My arrests were mostly on charges of obscenity

Offline Boid Brain

Lenny Bruce
Dammit! I didn't even have time to think of it, Metal! BTW Lenny, I have seen a lot of your act in old clips, and you were not funny! Not to mention you looked like hell! I dug your wife 'tho, Man!

OK metal...who are you???

Offline metaldams

Who am I?

I had a wife in common with Groucho Marx.

I was removed from the cover of Sgt. Pepper because my agent wanted too much money.

I made a living butchering the English language.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Leo Gorcey, Sgt. Pepper was a dead giveaway.

Offline middlenamewayne

Lenny, I have seen a lot of your act in old clips, and you were not funny! Not to mention you looked like hell! I dug your wife 'tho, Man!

Whaddaya expect from a second-rate Murray Roman knock-off?

(Actually, some of Lenny's columns in NUGGET magazine were VERY funny -- and even if they weren't his wife did pictorials for the mag as well!)

- MNW

Anyone care to fill in the missing names from this story?

In October of 1976, ["A" & "B": 2 famous comic actors] were attending the same party at The Playboy Mansion. Hoping to ease some of the tension they had built up in recent years, [A] congratulated on his latest television series. What [A] did not realize was that the show in question had been cancelled the day before. "I liked your show," said [A], "it was a really good effort." didn't respond. "He just looked at me [as if to say] 'Fuck you,' and I said, ' Well, Fuck YOU.' ... and walked away. I'd been getting this kind of thing from him for a long time. It started when he was hosting The Tonight Show. He had this kind of dismissive way of introducing people ... and I nailed him - you know, comedic oneupmanship---and I remember he said, 'Maybe sometime I'll knock you upside the head one of these days,' and I said, 'Yeah, go ahead and try.' A couple months later ... boom ... there it was. I should never have turned my back on him. He didn't have the balls to do it when I was looking. He slipped behind Hefner and sucker-punched me. He hit me right in the head with his fist - knocked me down ... and I was down there a minute or two and he was standing over me screaming at me, 'C'mon, I'll kick your ass,' stuff like that. I've never seen him since then. I always thought, maybe if he turns around sometime I might give him a shot."

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
How can Lenny Bruce be a "second rate Murray Roman knock-off" when Bruce hit the scene first? If anything Roman would have to have been a "second rate Lenny Bruce knock-off".

Offline Boid Brain

Offline Boid Brain

Who am I?

A stage and screen actress that never stooped to TV, I have played opposite of just about all the top leading men except Cagney and Eddie G. because I'm taller than they.... My trademark is running. I managed to run in every movie I made. I once starred in a movie with my pal Joan Blondell that was shot completely indoors but I still manage to run all over the place!

I was only married once but was divorced twice, and of course, I'm dead.

Who are me ???

Offline middlenamewayne

I have no idea...fill me in, Middle.

Hint: Mr. Huxtable always liked Dick best!

(Answer below)

That was Tommy Smothers speaking about Bill Cosby!

- mnw

Offline Boid Brain

Hint: Mr. Huxtable always liked Dick best!

(Answer below)

That was Tommy Smothers speaking about Bill Cosby!

- mnw
Oh my!!! Cosby is a big dude. Well I gotta figure they were both hammered and Tommy said something. But Cosby definately has an asshole side to him. (Like most show bizz types)

Offline Boid Brain

Who am I?

A stage and screen actress that never stooped to TV, I have played opposite of just about all the top leading men except Cagney and Eddie G. because I'm taller than they.... My trademark is running. I managed to run in every movie I made. I once starred in a movie with my pal Joan Blondell that was shot completely indoors but I still manage to run all over the place!

I was only married once but was divorced twice, and of course, I'm dead.

Who are me ???

Bump...OK, another clue. I didn't like musicals. Oh, and I have an Oscar or 2.

Offline Rich Finegan

Bump...OK, another clue. I didn't like musicals. Oh, and I have an Oscar or 2.
I have no idea about her running or being pals with Joan Blondell or about her marriage & divorce status, but taking a guess, could it maybe be...

Katharine Hepburn?

Offline Boid Brain

I have no idea about her running or being pals with Joan Blondell or about her marriage & divorce status, but taking a guess, could it maybe be...

Katharine Hepburn?
Amazing! All you knew was she was 5'7'? As to the running: she did in fact find an excuse to show off her athleticism in every picture by running, golfing, swimming or whatever from "Little Women" to "On Golden Pond".

Her insistence in doing her own stunts led to a VERY serious eye infection when she dived into the filthy Venice canal in one movie. She was divorced twice from the same guy. 1st in Mexico. Then once more over here to make sure it stuck!

Offline Rich Finegan

Amazing! All you knew was she was 5'7'? As to the running: she did in fact find an excuse to show off her athleticism in every picture by running, golfing, swimming or whatever from "Little Women" to "On Golden Pond".

Her insistence in doing her own stunts led to a VERY serious eye infection when she dived into the filthy Venice canal in one movie. She was divorced twice from the same guy. 1st in Mexico. Then once more over here to make sure it stuck!
I didn't know how tall she is. But I know she did make one movie with Joan Blondell that took place indoors ("Desk Set", 1957) and had a few Oscars, and hadn't done musicals. So just those few clues were enough. But now that you've mentioned it, I'll have to watch more closely for scenes of her running in her films.
Yes, I'd heard of that eye infection situation. The movie was "Summertime" (1955).

Interesting that she was pals with Joan Blondell. Throughout their entire careers they rarely ever worked at the same studios at the same time.

Offline Boid Brain

I didn't know how tall she is. But I know she did make one movie with Joan Blondell that took place indoors ("Desk Set", 1957) and had a few Oscars, and hadn't done musicals. So just those few clues were enough. But now that you've mentioned it, I'll have to watch more closely for scenes of her running in her films.
Yes, I'd heard of that eye infection situation. The movie was "Summertime" (1955).

Interesting that she was pals with Joan Blondell. Throughout their entire careers they rarely ever worked at the same studios at the same time.
"Desk Set" is in fact the movie I was referring to. I don't know that she was "pals" with Joan or not. I just said that because they were pals in the movie.

She, and her siblings were raised to play tennis, ride horse's and lots of swimming. She was QUITE the lady athlete. If you get a chance, check out "Pat and Mike" where she lines up about 10 golf balls and rapid fire hits all of them strait out into the fairway with NO camera cuts! As a golfer, for me it was sickening to watch. I can't do 2 in a row.

Offline Boid Brain

I'm a dead actor that spent most of my time on the "B" list. I have won Tony's, Emmy's, an Oscar and many other acting awards. I started out as a romantic lead. In spite of the fact that I'm incredibly uncoordinated I had 2 big roles as athletes.

My manager persuaded me to do an album after the success of Sal Mineo with his singing. I can't sing, but it was a hit and I did 2 more albums. Then I got a role in a MONSTER hit...this movie is in the top 20 on everybody's all time list. It was so successful that it spawned sequels, a remake and even a TV pilot. (It failed, thank god)

I knocked off a few starlet's when I first hit the scene, but later decided to switch to men, and I remained a closet fag for the rest of my life.

Who am I?