Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

3 Stooges Film Fest - 11/27/10 - Glendale CA

Linked Events

• Stooges Film Fest Glendale CA: November 27, 2010

Offline falsealarms

http://www.alextheatre.org/calendar/events/index.php?com=detail&eID=368&month=11&year=2010

Alex Theatre
216 North Brand Boulevard
Glendale, CA 91203
Email: events@alextheatre.org
Phone: 818-243-ALEX (2539)

Saturday, November 27, 2010
Starts at 2:00 PM
The 13th Annual Three Stooges Big Screen Event returns!

All 2000 fans who attended in 2009 know what a great time this will be!

Running time is approximately 2 hours 30 minutes with no intermission, and the event is suitable for ages 6 and older. Photo/Video recording by patrons is not allowed.

Tickets:
General Admission Seating: $15.00
Special Discounts:
Seniors (age 65+) - May purchase discounted tickets in person at the Box Office Window only; must show I.D. with date of birth at time of purchase; maximum of 2 tickets per I.D.

Students -May purchase discounted tickets in person at the Box Office Window only; must show valid current full-time student I.D. at time of purchase; maximum of 2 tickets per I.D.

Children (12 and under) - May purchase discounted tickets via Box Office Window, Phone, or Internet. Children age 2 and under who sit on a lap do not need a ticket; all persons 3 and older must have a ticket to enter the theatre.

Alex Film Society Members - May purchase discounted tickets in person at the Box Office Window only; must show current valid AFS membership card at time of purchase.

Groups (15 or more) - Discounted pricing available through Alex Theatre Group Sales Department. Call 818.243.7700 ext. 216 for information and purchase.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 11:10:05 AM by BeAStooge »

Offline afcomser

You must live in California, I know few people who would fly to go to a film festival. Not that I wouldn't enjoy going to one. They don't have that kind of stuff in my neck of the woods. In fact they never have anything fun up here in the Inland Northwest, no matter what it is. I always read about cool conventions and festivals all over the country for all kinds of things I would enjoy and it never comes up here.
Well Open The Door Squirrel Bait!!

Offline locoboymakesgood

You must live in California, I know few people who would fly to go to a film festival. Not that I wouldn't enjoy going to one. They don't have that kind of stuff in my neck of the woods. In fact they never have anything fun up here in the Inland Northwest, no matter what it is. I always read about cool conventions and festivals all over the country for all kinds of things I would enjoy and it never comes up here.
There's always things happening in Seattle and Portland. You must not get out much.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline afcomser

I live in Spokane, Seattle & Portland are a long ways from me. We got a whole mountain range between us.
Well Open The Door Squirrel Bait!!

Offline Herman

The Alex Film Society presents our 13th ANNUAL THREE STOOGES BIG SCREEN EVENT Thanksgiving Weekend,  Saturday, November 27 at 2 & 8pm screening at Glendale’s historic Alex Theatre, 216 North Brand Boulevard, 91203. 

This year’s theme, “Slapped From the Headlines” , features five of the Stooges’ best shorts, each one devoted to one of today’s big issues: 
Dizzy Doctors (1937)
What’s the Matador? (1942)
Three Dark Horses (1952)
The Sitter Downers (1937)
Oily to Bed, Oily to Rise (1939)
(various studios)

As always, members of the Stooges’ family will be on hand. And this year, thanks to Sony Repertory, all of the prints will be pristine master copies, directly from the Sony/Columbia Archives. Also, a special tribute to the solo career of Shemp Howard, plus lots of Stooge surprises.

THREE STOOGES goodies, FREE Alex Film Society passes and gift cards will be raffled at each screening – proceeds going to support the Alex Film Society. 

Special priced tickets are $15 general admission, $12.50 for seniors, students and kids (12 and under) and $10 for Alex Film Society members.

For more info:

http://www.alexfilmsociety.org/schedule.php

Offline strubachinkoscow

This is the 5th year and the 4th posting to report the Alex Theatre Three Stooges
Thanksgiving Festival.

The Curly picks this year were very good. The Sitter-Downers
got the greatest sustained laughter from the crowd.

Joan Mauer/Howard was there as were members of Shemps
Family ( Daughter - in - Law and Grand-daughter).

A very nice montage of Shemp film appearances outside
his stooge work was presented ( clips from "In the Navy", "Arabian Nights",
I belive a Joe Palooka episode as well as a short scene from a movie where
Shemp ices a guy with his gun - while wearing a straw hat).

The Shemp short was originally to be "Three Dark Horses" but for
reasons unknown they couldn't get that print so we saw "Crime on
their hands" instead. I still think that the Shemp selections since
I've been going have been 2nd tier. I can't imagine the Audience reaction
to something like "The tooth will out" or "Flagpole Jitters" or "Goof on the Roof".
Oh well, there is always next year.

Three cheers to the Alex for doing this with such dignity and obvious
love ( I believe they said that Larry's grandson is on the episode
selection committee). 

I am always happy to give my run-down of the night's festivities and
this year was great!!!

Regards all my fellow stooges fans from sunny southern Calif!!!!
Strub.

[attachment deleted by admin]
How do you like that? I'm dancin to the trombone part!