Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Pardon My Jackass (3D)

Offline middlenamewayne

Awhile back someone here postulated that the crew of Jackass could be viewed as a modern-day Three Stooges.
To that person, I offer a (paraphrased) quote from the producer of the new movie Jackass 3D:

"Johnny Knoxville is an enormous fan of Bugs Bunny and the Three Stooges. The problem is that he doesn't realize that they're not real!"

- mnw

Offline Curly4444

A rent at best. Why would i shell out $12 to see this crap in 3-D?? Oooh, the stunts will look so much better in 3-D. Gimme a break.  ::)

Producer: Hey, i don't think this thing is going to make any money?
Studio: Sure it will, America is stupid.

Producer: Yeah, but i still don't know.
Studio: Wait, i have an idea.

Producer: What is it?
Studio: We'll make it in 3-D

Producer: Your right, people will pay to see anything in 3-D
Studio: I know they're so stupid.

Producer:$$$$
Studio:$$$$$

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I like the Jackass crew. There are comparisons to be made between Jackass and the Stooges: both are considered "low brow" and both are physical (Jackass moreso). The difference is that when you look beyond the physicality there is still substance to the Stooges (who are also actors) where there is none for Jackass. Also, a lot of the physical comedy in the Stooges work is "fake" (for lack of a better term) whereas those Jackasses are actually doing that shit to each other.

If you want to see a bunch idiots doing crazy shit Jackass can be fun. And these guys are making money hand over fist so more power to them.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown