Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Abe Lincoln, the idiot

Offline Boid Brain

We were schooled to concider Abe as the greatest of all presidents...

Why? The cival war was horrendous. It was a total lose/lose war.  

His inane, insane leadersip of fighting the South helped in what way? Let Carolina leave the union!  So the freeing of the slaves would be put off for a few years. It was inevitable. 800 thousand Americans died for no good reason in that war.

Abe Lincoln: a blind idiot...but he was 6 foot 4....Frederick Douglas was 5 foot 3. This height difference cost the nation.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I have to admit that I was inclined to delete this thread because of the bad spelling, poor grammar and illogic, but I am also inclined to leave it up because I agree with your overall point, however poorly expressed.  I have two questions, though:

• What the hell is that poll question supposed to mean?  It's gibberish as presented.
  • Your last sentence is the goofiest one in the post.  Lincoln and Frederick Douglass weren't on opposite sides, so I guessing you meant Stephen A. Douglas the politician and not the former slave, but what does their height difference have to do with anything?

The so-called "Civil War" had nothing to do with slavery until half way through it, when Lincoln and the Republicans started using slavery as a propaganda point to justify their war against the Southern States.  The war hadn't been going so good for the Feds and Lincoln was seeking to stave off recognition of the Confederacy by foreign powers who had recently ended slavery (peacefully) themselves, hence the "Emancipation Proclamation" (which didn't actually emancipate anyone.)  The war was fought over one thing only: the expansion of Federal power over the States and the tax money that goes with it.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Wow, why did you even bother putting thought in a response to this Rob? My eyes glazed over after the first two lines of the post.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Wow, why did you even bother putting thought in a response to this Rob? My eyes glazed over after the first two lines of the post.

Because I really loath and despise Abraham Lincoln, my former boyhood hero.  I'm just glad to see that others are waking up to the deception, even if they do a horrible job of expressing themselves.

Offline Boid Brain

You are correct, Sir. My apologies. Imagine my surprise when I just now read it as I don't remember typing it! Can you guess why? I think you can....shitfaced drunk off my ass. Feel free to delete anything I enter that's as fucked up as that! (I won't remember it anyway)

But my feelings on the Civil War and 'ol Abe stand as shittily stated. The war was unnecessary. The 2 country's would have become the strongest allies the world has ever known. (and the South would have to deal with today's immigration problem alone! ;D)

As far as the height issue: Very few could hear the words of the candidates debates. I have to figure that about 80% could only SEE them. Abe cut quite a figure @ 6'4" with that big ass hat on his head. By the way: I do in fact know the difference between the 2 Douglas'. [pie]

Oh, one more thing: I have no idea how that poll thing got there.  I have no idea how to do that kind of stuff. It was there when I started typing and I just ignored it as I had no idea what it meant.

Offline Boid Brain

2 weeks and no reply on an historic thread...perhaps if I put it into plain words it will garner some interest: Abe was nothing...had he not been killed he would be no more interesting than JK Polk....he should have conceded when the South went South.

If someone wants to leave your club, why not let them? It was insanity to go to war with an adversary that just wanted to split!