Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

TAXI FOR TWO (1932)

Offline falsealarms

Leonard Maltin didn't speak highly of THE TAXI BOYS when he dubbed the series "one of the greatest catastrophes in Roach's history." But I've seen 3-4 of them and they're really not that bad.

Watch TAXI FOR TWO here: http://blip.tv/file/767427

<a href="http://blip.tv/play/Aa%2BdDgI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://blip.tv/play/Aa%2BdDgI</a>

Offline Rich Finegan

The eloping couple (unbilled and not even known to IMDb) is Joseph Young (lesser known brother of famous actor Robert) and Dorothy Layton, who passed away just last year at age 96.

Offline metaldams

I'll have to watch this this weekend.  I'll chip in then.  Thanks for posting this, False!
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Rich Finegan

I'll have to watch this this weekend.  I'll chip in then.  Thanks for posting this, False!
Even though you may agree with the majority of viewers who can't understand Ben Blue's appeal, I'm sure you'll welcome the appearances of Bud Jamison, James C. Morton and favorite Laurel & Hardy supporting actor Charlie Hall.
And TAXI FOR TWO is a great showcase for the wonderful music of Leroy Shield. His familiar tunes are played loud & clear throughout the short (as opposed to some where the music is mixed too low to really appreciate it).

Offline metaldams

Even though you may agree with the majority of viewers who can't understand Ben Blue's appeal, I'm sure you'll welcome the appearances of Bud Jamison, James C. Morton and favorite Laurel & Hardy supporting actor Charlie Hall.
And TAXI FOR TWO is a great showcase for the wonderful music of Leroy Shield. His familiar tunes are played loud & clear throughout the short (as opposed to some where the music is mixed too low to really appreciate it).

Not that I'm surprised, but I don't remember seeing Bud Jamison in any Roach films before.  If I have, I've completely forgotten.

Now James C. Morton, I've seen him plenty in Roach films.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Rich Finegan

Not that I'm surprised, but I don't remember seeing Bud Jamison in any Roach films before.  If I have, I've completely forgotten.

Bud didn't appear in very many Hal Roach films.
As we see in TAXI FOR TWO he played a traffic cop, but in a few other Taxi Boys shorts he was the boss at the Taxi Company.
He was memorable in the short STRICTLY UNRELIABLE (1932) starring Thelma Todd and ZaSu Pitts, and also appeared in the Todd & Pitts short THE SOILERS (1932).
In the opening scene of the 1934 Roach Musical short APPLES TO YOU Bud gets to sing a little bit of opera.
He also appeared in the 1936 Charley Chase short ON THE WRONG TREK as a member of a gang of highway hold-up men.

But he didn't appear in films from Roach's two most popular and visible series, Laurel & Hardy and Our Gang.

He was much more prolific in Columbia, RKO Radio and Mack Sennett shorts.

Offline metaldams

He also appeared in the 1936 Charley Chase short ON THE WRONG TREK as a member of a gang of highway hold-up men.

That's the only short you mentioned that I've seen.  I'll have to watch out for Bud next time I watch that one.
- Doug Sarnecky