Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Bill Murray - LOST IN TRANSLATION (2003)

Offline falsealarms

In arguably his greatest role, here is arguably the best scene from 2003's LOST IN TRANSLATION -

[youtube=600,480]jxDE6NmKl14&[/youtube]

Gets me every time.

Offline Lefty

I have enjoyed the vast majority of Bill Murray's work over the years.  "That's the fact, Jack!"  but "Lost in Translation" is undoubtedly the worst non-horror film I've ever seen -- and my wife and I only saw maybe 20 minutes of the DVD at the in-law's house a number of years back before we agreed to shut it off.  I'd almost rather root for the Pittsburgh Penguins in a hockey game than watch L.I.T. again (or try to

Offline falsealarms

It's one of the better recent examples of a film people either really like or really don't like.

729 five star reviews on Amazon but also 569 one star reviews.

Offline Stooge-Adam

I love the movie.

I also like Bill Murray in Broken Flowers.

Offline Curly4444

I love the movie.

I also like Bill Murray in Broken Flowers.

Didn't like the movie, but the nude scene was hot!!  >:D

Offline Stooge-Adam

Yeah, it was a slow-paced movie but I like it. Though the nude scene is my favorite scene!!

Offline Hammond Eggar

Thanks for posting this clip, Falsealarms.  Lost in Translation is actually one of my top 10 favorite films of all-time.  It's a beautiful and sweet film, and I love the relationship between Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson.  It's one of the best examples of emotional intamacey in a film I've ever seen.  Plus, I love the cinematography.  The scenes of Tokyo make me really want to travel there.  Lastly, Lost in Translation made me fall in love with Scarlett, and not just for the obvious physical reasons.   It also gave me a greater appreciation for Bill's acting talent.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)