Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Most Badass Thing On Youtube - Evah

Offline metaldams

[youtube=425,350]iPfLF2_BSRg[/youtube]

The music, the clothes, it just...just.......just watch this.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
The man had style, but you have to admit that Weird Al did a good imitation...   ;D

[youtube=450,350]BCDq2Iyqk0Q[/youtube]

Offline metaldams

I've been going through a big James Brown phase recently.  I've had the 20 GREATEST HITS CD for years, and while I always liked it, it hasn't really hit me until now.  My roomate bought a James Brown rhythm section score book and it's been awesome playing some of those basslines.  I don't think this one CD set is enough, gotta put the STAR TIME box on my Xmas list....and yes, i see the irony, James Brown died on Xmas.  I'll get a nice family gathering that day, and we'll listen to lots of James Brown in between our Charlie Chaplin and W.C. Fields marathon.

As for Weird Al, I saw him put on a free concert in the mid 90's, and after "Smells Like Nirvana," he actually took a shotgun and pretended to blow his brains out.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline FineBari3

[youtube=425,350]iPfLF2_BSRg[/youtube]

The music, the clothes, it just...just.......just watch this.

That was AWESOME!!!!

I was thinking to myself, when I saw this thread: "Oh, jeez. I wonder what piece of crap this is going to be." FANTASTIC!!!!

I loved watching the three dancers in green the most. I wonder who's idea it was to put the band in freakin' satin costumes? Anybody ever been on stage in satin? It doesn't breathe at all! It's like wearing a garbage bag....

The clothes remind me of when I taught high school.  The school I taught at had dress-up days for homecoming, and one day was 70's Day. A lot of my students were from the inner city, so many of them came dressed like they came out of this video. Many of them said that their clothes were their mom's or aunt's or uncles stuff. 
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Curly4444

No this is better

[youtube=425,350]RBpC9EkKFsQ[/youtube]

Or this:

[youtube=425,350]SzlpTRNIAvc[/youtube]

Offline metaldams

That was AWESOME!!!!

I was thinking to myself, when I saw this thread: "Oh, jeez. I wonder what piece of crap this is going to be." FANTASTIC!!!!

I loved watching the three dancers in green the most. I wonder who's idea it was to put the band in freakin' satin costumes? Anybody ever been on stage in satin? It doesn't breathe at all! It's like wearing a garbage bag....

The clothes remind me of when I taught high school.  The school I taught at had dress-up days for homecoming, and one day was 70's Day. A lot of my students were from the inner city, so many of them came dressed like they came out of this video. Many of them said that their clothes were their mom's or aunt's or uncles stuff. 

Yeah, like I've said, I've been listening to lots of James Brown lately, but listening and watching are two different things in this case.  I too loved the dancers in green, and those rehearsals must've been insane.  I can't imagine being a part of something that choreographed while locking into a solid groove at the same time.

James Brown was supposedly difficult to work with.  He'd fine people in his band/entourage if their shoes weren't shined properly.  Also, if you make a mistake as a musician onstage, James would turn around and point at you, which meant again, a fine was coming.  That's pressure.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

No this is better

[youtube=425,350]RBpC9EkKFsQ[/youtube]

Great, I'm at work and I won't be able to see what this is until I get home tonight.  This better be good, bro.   :police:
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Curly4444

Oh, it is. How could you go wrong with living in america and i feel good.

This kicks ass too:

[youtube=425,350]4Fd8_gojNXc&NR=1[/youtube]

Dog Hambone

Really entertaining. Thanks, Metaldams, for getting this thread started...

It brought back an old memory I had forgotten about. In either my late high school or early college days, I went with some friends to see James Brown & The Famous Flames in Richmond, VA at a venue called (believe it or not) The Mosque. We were 4 or 5 of only about 20 honkies at the show. 

They called it a revue. The band played some songs, then JB did a few, then a woman singer & a comedian were featured, & then JB was back for the finale (in which he did his famous shtick where he "fainted" & collapsed on stage, his "assistant" put a cape on him, whereupon he jumped up, threw off the cape, & immediately started dancing again). What a friggin' show! A lot of today's entertainers would be well advised to watch & take notes.

[afro]   

Offline archiezappa

Yeah, Weird Al had him down pat!  But, then again, only Al could do that to every major performer that comes along.

But James Brown is great, too.  He had some great material!

Offline Curly4444

The surprising thing about weird Al is that he could sing fairly good. I actually liked his version of beat it and im bad over Michael Jackson's.

[youtube=425,350]ZcJjMnHoIBI&ob=av2n[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]t2mU6USTBRE&ob=av2e[/youtube]

Offline archiezappa

Yeah!  And what's really impressive is that he's outlasted most of the acts that he was poking fun at!