Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2010 NFL Football

shemps#1 · 74 · 13889

Offline JazzBill

Well, Chicago's out. I pretty much expected it to end this way. Good luck Mar-Jean and Dog.  :(
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline metaldams

Well, Chicago's out. I pretty much expected it to end this way. Good luck Mar-Jean and Dog.  :(

If their coach had any common sense and started with their 3rd string quarterback..........  ;D

That game didn't get good until the 4th quarter.

My roomate, who's a huge Steelers fan, is forced to go out tonight with his girlfriend so he can see Travis Tritt in concert.  It's good to be single.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Congrats Mar-Jean on the Steelers making the Super Bowl. I love listening to that fucktard Rex Ryan moaning after the loss. I am just glad they lost.

FYI: The AFC has had a combination of the same three teams make the Super Bowl for the past 8 years: Steelers, Patriots and Colts. In the same time period the NFC has had 8 different Super Bowl representatives.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline FineBari3

Thanks for the well-wishes, Metal and shemps#1!  It was great leading that game 24-0 at one point, and awful watching the Steelers offense trying to move the ball in the 2nd half.

I celebrated by doing what I always do when the Steelers go to the Super Bowl: I opened up the door and yelled and yelled. Several neighbors were doing that, too! I remember doing that as a kid with the Steelers in the 1970's. I was surprised to not hear any gunshots where I live (real redneck area).

Sombebody said on a FM radio (WDVE) show this morning, that the Jets fans that were in town were very annoying, and every time they saw one, it was like seeing a stink bug. Like, "Aww...geez. Not another one!"

Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline metaldams

I celebrated by doing what I always do when the Steelers go to the Super Bowl: I opened up the door and yelled and yelled. Several neighbors were doing that, too! I remember doing that as a kid with the Steelers in the 1970's. I was surprised to not hear any gunshots where I live (real redneck area).

When the Red Sox won the World Series in 2004, my brother and I ran outside and were screaming like nuts on the front lawn.  The only difference is we're the only Red Sox fans in the area and the rest of the neighbors had no clue what we were doing!
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Rich Finegan

...All of Pittsburgh has been put into even more of a football frenzy. It's what we grow up with. High school games on Friday night, college on Saturdays, and family and the Steelers on Sunday. I'd bet that only 5% of the population here, maybe even less, doesn't like football.
If I lived there I'd be one of that 5% and proud to declare it at any time!
I never liked or understood football. Just a lot of seemingly aimless running around. And perhaps even more difficult to comprehend is the great importance so many people attach to it. I can hardly think of anything more trivial, meaningless and unimportant! Unless one is a player or the owner of the team and their income depends upon it, who cares!!!
I'd like to have back every moment of my life wasted with people who've had it on TV or insisted on talking about it. In fact, I only got onto this thread by accident, meaning to click on to a different one.
So, anyway just one of the 5% speaking up!

Offline JazzBill

My grandson plays high school football. He's a big kid and a pretty good football player. Football is a lot more complicated than it looks on TV. I'm glad to see that he's interested in sports instead of doing the crap I was doing when I was his age. But, I have to admit that it's terrifying to see some the hits these kids take. Sometimes I wish he was playing baseball instead.

Offline FineBari3

If I lived there I'd be one of that 5% and proud to declare it at any time!
I never liked or understood football. Just a lot of seemingly aimless running around. And perhaps even more difficult to comprehend is the great importance so many people attach to it. I can hardly think of anything more trivial, meaningless and unimportant! Unless one is a player or the owner of the team and their income depends upon it, who cares!!!
I'd like to have back every moment of my life wasted with people who've had it on TV or insisted on talking about it. In fact, I only got onto this thread by accident, meaning to click on to a different one.
So, anyway just one of the 5% speaking up!

I wondered what on earth you would be replying to on this thread, Rich!

I probably have wasted half of my life watching football, but I love it!
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline FineBari3

My grandson plays high school football. He's a big kid and a pretty good football player. Football is a lot more complicated than it looks on TV. I'm glad to see that he's interested in sports instead of doing the crap I was doing when I was his age. But, I have to admit that it's terrifying to see some the hits these kids take. Sometimes I wish he was playing baseball instead.

...and what kind of crap was that, JazzBill?  [wink]

I used to play hockey, and always wanted to play football. What girl growing up in Pittsburgh didn't want to be Jack Lambert??? Now we have a women's professional football team, and if I were 20 years younger, I'd be out there. I almost tried out last year, but thought of the health risk, if I got paralyzed or something, and wised up.
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I wonder what the justification is for the Packers being a 2.5 point favorite as of right now. I know they are much better than their 10-6 #6 seed record suggests but I would have thought it would be the other way around.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline garystooge

I wonder what the justification is for the Packers being a 2.5 point favorite as of right now. I know they are much better than their 10-6 #6 seed record suggests but I would have thought it would be the other way around.

Agreed...would've thought the Steelers would be 2.5 to 3-point favorites.  But remember that the Vegas line is set to try and equalize the amount of money bet on each side....so apparently the betting public is enamored with the Pack.

BTW, when was the last Supe in which neither team had a cheer-babe squad?????

Offline garystooge

My grandson plays high school football. He's a big kid and a pretty good football player.

Bill, you don't look anywhere near old enough to have a grandkid in high school!

Offline JazzBill

I was wondering the same thing. The Packers had a hard time putting the Bears away and the Bears were playing like shit. If I was a betting man (which I am) I'd take the points and the Steelers. (which I did)

Offline JazzBill

Bill, you don't look anywhere near old enough to have a grandkid in high school!

Thanks for the compliment Gary. But now you might want to go see about getting your eyes checked out.  :laugh:

Offline JazzBill

...and what kind of crap was that, JazzBill?  [wink]

I used to play hockey, and always wanted to play football. What girl growing up in Pittsburgh didn't want to be Jack Lambert??? Now we have a women's professional football team, and if I were 20 years younger, I'd be out there. I almost tried out last year, but thought of the health risk, if I got paralyzed or something, and wised up.

From top to bottom Pittsburgh is a smart football team. I hope they beat the hell out of the Packers.

Offline FineBari3

From top to bottom Pittsburgh is a smart football team. I hope they beat the hell out of the Packers.

Thanks!  I'm sorry that your guys aren't in it. I was cheering for the Bears too.

Gary, that is an interesting observation about the cheerleaders!  I think I have seen 'cheerleaders' at the Packers games, but they look like high school or college cheerleaders, and were wearing their school's colors rather than the Packers'.

The Steelers did have cheerleaders at one point, at least in the 60's. I think it's cool that we don't have them.
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline JazzBill

Packer Fan Application Form

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!
Packer Fan Application Form

No thanks.  Go Steelers!  But only because New England's not in it!
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
In lieu of the Crap Eyed Peas I am watching Dizzy Detectives during the Super Bowl Half Time Show. As for the game I think Pittsburgh will tighten it up in the second half.

Offline Curly4444

In lieu of the Crap Eyed Peas I am watching Dizzy Detectives during the Super Bowl Half Time Show. As for the game I think Pittsburgh will tighten it up in the second half.

Wasn't that the worst Half-time show ever? They indeed tightened it up, but greenbay packers still came away victorious.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Wasn't that the worst Half-time show ever? They indeed tightened it up, but greenbay packers still came away victorious.

I wouldn't know: like I said I didn't watch it. The closeness of the score indicates to me the Steelers are the better team but made too many mistakes that couldn't overcome, much like the Patriots vs the Jets.

Dog Hambone

It's been a number of years since I actually watched a Super Bowl halftime show. I even missed the "wardrobe malfunction" show several years ago & didn't even know about it until I was driving to work the next morning. As for this year, I find Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet much more entertaining, so I switched the station to that for half an hour.

It was a good game this year. I was rooting for the Steelers; I think they would have won it but their turnovers did them in. 

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!
Let's just say I would've caused a scene at the party I was at if New England had been in Pittsburgh's place.
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline Boid Brain

After hearing Aguilara blow the Anthem lyrics I remembered that the half time shows are always shitty, but being a borderline Fergie stalker I had to watch....for about 5 minutes. When she started warbling Axle Rose songs I had to switch to TCM.