Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Re: The Mike Douglas Show clips from 12-21-1973, and others?

Offline hiramhorwitz

Do any of you have the clips from 12-21-1973 (Or, the complete show, maybe) on video? 

I don't have the video, but I do have the complete show on audio.  Attached below are the sound clips associated with Moe's visit -- first his surprise appearance during the Lamparski segment (when Moe questions Lamparski and then Moe recreates his signature hair style) --and second Al Freeman's "Moe ditty" that closes the show.

Hearing these segments gives me goosebumps.  Part of it's due to my memory of watching the show when it first aired and being thrilled that Moe was highlighted as he was.  Part of it's due to the passage of time and looking back on the "good old days."  But the biggest part is due to my personal happenstance -- I was lucky enough to be photographed with Moe two hours before this particular Mike Douglas Show was taped.  The date was November 15, 1973.  (In case you're interested, the photo can be found in Journals 52, 88, and Stooges Among Us).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
--and second Al Freeman's "Moe ditty" that closes the show.

The singer is improvisationalist Steve DePass.  Al Freeman (ONE LIFE TO LIVE) was the guest host for that week's salute to soap operas.

ThumpTheShoes

Hearing these segments gives me goosebumps... 

Yeah, I just looked up the photo in Journal 88.. I remember seeing that before. What an awesome experience for you, and great clips! Thanks!

Offline hiramhorwitz

The singer is improvisationalist Steve DePass.  Al Freeman (ONE LIFE TO LIVE) was the guest host for that week's salute to soap operas.

'Tis said that the mind is the first to go -- here's a perfect example.  Thanks for the correction, Brent!