Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Stooge Fans on Facebook Annoy Me!

Offline Stooge-Adam

First of all, having The Three Stooges on Facebook is a great thing. What annoys me about the fans is that no matter what the topic is, the comments are filled with the fans just quoting Stooges. I just wish they would stay on topic, and not simply respond with a stooge quote.

If it was just a couple people, I wouldn't care so much. But it's the majority for every topic.

Offline metaldams

Oh, a wise guy, eh?  Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.   ;D

Yeah, I hear ya.  I don't look at facebook, but based on what I've seen at the guestbook on the official site, you get similar banal comments.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline FineBari3

First of all, having The Three Stooges on Facebook is a great thing. What annoys me about the fans is that no matter what the topic is, the comments are filled with the fans just quoting Stooges. I just wish they would stay on topic, and not simply respond with a stooge quote.

If it was just a couple people, I wouldn't care so much. But it's the majority for every topic.

That is why I don't post or read there!  Just idiots....

There are good discussions on the Columbia short subjects group.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Hammond Eggar

I recently gave up Facebook because it was occupying too much of my time.  That said, when I was on it, I avoided joining any Stooges groups.  My main reason was that I am already part of a wonderful on-line Stooge community here.  How could any of the posters on Facebook be more knowledgeable than people such as Garystooge, Dunrobin, BeAStooge, Richard Finegan, Metaldams, FineBari3 and others?  When I have a Stooges question or comment to post, it just makes more sense to do it here.  This is my one-stop site for all things 3 Stooges. 
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline Blystone

Facebook can be addicting because people post all kinds of oddball pictures and links that can be interesting. But yeah, there are much more specialized comedy sites like this one. All by himself, BeAStooge is a walking encylopedia of classic comedy, and some of the other contributors are in the same league (but not many).

Naturally, you'll find the true Stooges geeks here, just like you'll find the true animation geeks on Jerry Beck and Mike Barrier's pages. Facebook is much more of a grab bag, and both types of web resources are worth having around. Apples and oranges, really.

Offline Stooge-Adam

Another thing, the people over there are so rude about Joe Besser and Curly-Joe DeRita. I understand people not liking them, but they go around just really bashing them.

On each of their birthday threads, instead of saying "Happy Birthday", they just go on with how they were not real stooges and were so horrible and stuff. It's like, why even post anything if that's all you're gonna say? They even go on to say that "True Stooge fans" hate Joe and Curly-Joe. I think that's wrong. I'm proud to say I am a fan of all six Stooges. I guess to them, I'm not a true stooge fan.

Thank God, we have this wonderful place to talk Stooges. I don't know what I would do if Facebook was the only place, lol.

Offline Hammond Eggar

I'm proud to say I am a fan of all six Stooges.

You and me both, sir.  The Three Stooges were SIX men.  I prefer to celebrate each of their contributions to the act.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Another thing, the people over there are so rude about Joe Besser and Curly-Joe DeRita. I understand people not liking them, but they go around just really bashing them.

On each of their birthday threads, instead of saying "Happy Birthday", they just go on with how they were not real stooges and were so horrible and stuff. It's like, why even post anything if that's all you're gonna say? They even go on to say that "True Stooge fans" hate Joe and Curly-Joe. I think that's wrong. I'm proud to say I am a fan of all six Stooges. I guess to them, I'm not a true stooge fan.

Thank God, we have this wonderful place to talk Stooges. I don't know what I would do if Facebook was the only place, lol.

That used to go on around here pretty regularly, but I'm happy to say that we've matured over the years.  People can still argue about the relative merits of Besser and DeRita as Stooges, but we don't need that kind of immaturity. 

I suppose it's just as well that I don't visit Facebook very much.   ::)

Offline Blystone

Even if you don't like either one of the Joes very much, you have to consider that Moe and Larry wanted them in the act, so what could be a better seal of approval?

Also, following in the footsteps of Curly and Shemp Howard— two actual comic geniuses— took some chutzpah. The audience was bound to make negative comparisons, so Joe B. and Joe D. really had kind of a tough job trying to put themselves over as Stooges. But they both did all right, I think.

[clap]