Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Sha Na Na - Teen Angel

Offline falsealarms

I've seen Wadleigh's director cut of WOODSTOCK along with about 20 other performances released as extras on various releases last year. But for some reason, this performance sticks out for me. I've also always been partial to John Sebastian's "Younger Generation" and CSN's "Suite Judy Blue Eyes."

[youtube=600,480]pqN9n2FbuJE&[/youtube]

You can see Hendrix at 1:18-1:20 waiting to go on stage to close the show.

Offline metaldams

Hate to be a party pooper, but I was watching Woodstock on TV recently, and while The Who, Hendrix, and a few others rule, the majority of this stuff is incredibly dated.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Blystone

Hate to be a party pooper, but I was watching Woodstock on TV recently, and while The Who, Hendrix, and a few others rule, the majority of this stuff is incredibly dated.

I haven't seen the film in years, but I remember Santana's performance as being one of the highlights. That said, I'll admit that most 60's rock doesn't do anything for me, especially the soggy, sugary, uninspired folk-rock stuff. For insomniacs who've tried everything else and still can't get to sleep, I recommend listening to some of that.

Offline falsealarms

I think most things 41 years old will be dated in some way or another. But that doesn't mean the stuff isn't good. There are some acts I haven't really cared for, but most of them are good. I've always been fascinated by Woodstock, the music, the era, the experience etc.

I'm planning a trip to the site of Woodstock in the near future (sacred ground, after all) and plan to hit up the intriguing Museum at Bethel Woods.

http://www.bethelwoodscenter.org/museum.aspx

[youtube=600,480]LpAAJamlBJs[/youtube]

Offline Blystone

I think most things 41 years old will be dated in some way or another.

Speak fer yerself, ya half-brother to a weasel!
[pie]