Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Kick-Ass

Offline Curly4444

Anybody see this movie? Man did it live up to its title!! I thought it was going to be too silly or stupid, but it wasn't. I imagined it was going to be some silly/comedy superhero spoof movie, like the ones that made fun of 300 and Scream. Boy was i  wrong.  :o Turns out it was an awesome action flick(Think "kill Bill", and "Matrix").

Offline FineBari3

Anybody see this movie? Man did it live up to its title!! I thought it was going to be too silly or stupid, but it wasn't. I imagined it was going to be some silly/comedy superhero spoof movie, like the ones that made fun of 300 and Scream. Boy was i  wrong.  :o Turns out it was an awesome action flick(Think "kill Bill", and "Matrix").

Every preview I saw on TV made me want to NOT see this film. It really looked stupid! Eh, Netflix maybe!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Curly4444

It depends on your tastes. If your looking for a more serious, strait forward action movie, you may not like it. But if you don't mind a little more silly, but still loaded with kick-ass fight scenes, then you'll love it. I don't know, maybe its a guy movie?

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I thought the commercials that I've seen made it look kind of silly, like a super-hero spoof, but your comment about the fight scenes intrigues me.  I'll probably give it a chance when it comes to the cable movie channels.   ;)

Offline Curly4444

I thought the commercials that I've seen made it look kind of silly, like a super-hero spoof, but your comment about the fight scenes intrigues me.    ;)

Yeah, i though that also. I though it was going to be where they acted out and made fun of scenes from other superhero movies. Like that Scary Movie spoof movie. But this movie had its own story. The women may not like it though, as it was filled with lots of somewhat bloody fight scenes.

I'll probably give it a chance when it comes to the cable movie channels.
Why wait? Just rent it from redbox for a buck?

Offline metaldams

I saw it.  Here's the thing, I'm not into this latest round of action hero movies.  Actually, I was never into comic book heroes at all, not even as a kid.

That said, my brother and other roomate are into this kind of thing, and they also said KICK-ASS had much more serious action parts than they expected, along with comedy.  So if you like your action heroes chopping off limbs and watching 20 people die in 10 seconds with bits of I'm in high school kid trying to get laid humor, than by all means, watch KICK-ASS.  If the previous sentence does not sound at all appealing, avoid.
- Doug Sarnecky