Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Okay, Now What Are Your LEAST Favorite Cartoons?

Offline Blystone

I'll start with one of mine:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q8vBVBfEQ2Y&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;fs=1?rel=0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Q8vBVBfEQ2Y&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;fs=1?rel=0</a>

You might be surprised to learn that some animation buffs consider this thing to be a classic. To me, it's a fiasco in every way: from the grim, depressing color design to the soundtrack music, which sounds like it was put together by a chimpanzee out of random scraps of tape. On top of all that, there's barely a laugh in it from beginning to end.

If you can find something to defend here, then by all means, defend away!

Offline Curly4444

My least fav cartoon? Anything on cartoon network currently.  ;D Not the Japanese anime(I'm a big fan of that), stuff like fosters imaginary friends, kidz next door, those adults swim cartoons ( you know the ones that look like they were animated by a drunk) etc.

[youtube=425,350]r1ZKN4lUN8E[/youtube]

Offline metaldams

I got a 2 year old Nephew who I see almost every weekend, and while I love the kid to death, he insists on watching FINDING NEMO 20 times a day, so that's gotta be my least favorite right now.

Classic dialogue between my brother and Mom:

Brother: "Mom, what did I make you put on the VCR constantly when I was little?"

Mom: "We didn't have VCR's when you were little."
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
My least fav cartoon? Anything on cartoon network currently.  ;D Not the Japanese anime(I'm a big fan of that), stuff like fosters imaginary friends, kidz next door, those adults swim cartoons ( you know the ones that look like they were animated by a drunk) etc.

I agree with that assessment on a lot of the "Adult Swim" cartoons, but there are a few good ones, such as the Venture Brothers (a hilarious spoof of the old Jonny Quest cartoons) and Aqua Teen Hunger Force.  Thanks to South Park, I've become a lot more forgiving towards the animation as long as the dialog is entertaining.

Offline Curly4444

Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Ok, now that one wasn't too bad. Its just the animation looks like it was made by some guy in his basement, gets annoying after awhile.

Offline Blystone

Thanks to South Park, I've become a lot more forgiving towards the animation as long as the dialog is entertaining.

Dialog or no dialog, I just can't get used to bad drawing... not even my own. Especially my own!

[shrug]

Offline stooge1029

I actually thought Aquateen Hunger Force was brilliant back when it first came out. It was such an absurd concept and although the animation was simple it didnt look sloppy like most cartoons on that channel and the dialogue and supporting characters were great. Then it just got weird.

My least favorite cartoons are any of those scribbles they pass off as animation on Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon. I also hate those really sloppy old Hannah Barbarra cartoons. You know like the Super Globetrotters or the Impossibles. Im really not a fan of that kind of animation. Its like they dont have to give any of their characters a neck.

Offline Curly4444

I also hate those really sloppy old Hannah Barbarra cartoons. You know like the Super Globetrotters or the Impossibles. Im really not a fan of that kind of animation. Its like they dont have to give any of their characters a neck.

Yeah, but compared to today's crap, it wasn't that bad.

Offline Blystone

All this talk about bad cartoons, and I started it... I oughta be ashamed of myself! I think I need a smoke break.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mZvHiiWFbBU&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;fs=1?rel=0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mZvHiiWFbBU&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;fs=1?rel=0</a>